PDA

View Full Version : "Hello" from a new member

Kuhlsport
03-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I joined this group a couple months ago and have been reading posts to aid in my education prior to purchasing a Prevost conversion. Thanks to all who have shared so much of their knowledge. I have learned much and look forward to the opportunity to contribute once I actually have some actual ownership experiences to share! These are amazing machines and I appreciate why POG members are so passionate about them.

My primary use will be at the race track (sports car racing) and family travel since our kids are still young enough to appreciate spending time with their parents.

Kasey and Lis Kuhlman
Cincinnati, OH

lonesome george
03-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Kasey and Lis, Welcome to POG.
My advise is take your time, ask lots of questions here, this group has been there done that.
If you ever get near Indy you are more than welcome to come and look at our coach, our contact info is in the forum resource category under Indiana. We are about 25 minutes from IRP.

michaeldterry
03-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Welcome to POG, Kasey and Lis! Jump in with both feet, post often and ask every question you can think of! You'll always receive responses and, as Jon likes to say, some of them may even be correct! :p You'll find that we're more than happy to help you spend your money, but we actually do genuinely care that you have the best experience possible in the hunt and after you find/purchase "the one"! You're about to embark on a fabulous life experience of Prevost ownership - enjoy!

Jon Wehrenberg
03-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Casey and Lis......welcome to the asylum. As you probably realize by now this group doesn't take too much seriously, and will go out of its way to spend other people's money. You as a relative newcomer and one looking to buy a Prevost will get everyone excited. Helping you spend your money to buy a coach is the only way most of us get our thrills.

Have fun on your journey to get a Prevost. It can be a long complicated process or it can be over in a nanosecond if you stumble across the right coach. Along the way feel free to ask questions. And while you are looking for your coach get to know as many owners as possible, look at their coaches and find out what they like and don't like about the coach(es) they have. No sense trying to reinvent the wheel.

truk4u
03-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Casey and Lis,

Welcome aboard, you may even get a correct answer or two...

TerryM
03-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi Kasey and Lis,

Welcome! We are new Prevost converts (January) and have found this site extremely helpful. How much I don't know still scares me when I think about it.

We live in Northern KY from mid-May to early-Sept. You are welcome to tour, play with, drive, etc. our H3 if you'd like. Drop me an email at terrylmillard@gmail.com if there's anything I can do to help you.

GDeen
03-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome Kasey and Lis,

Nothing like shopping for a bus, and as Mango always says, nothing like a new bus....so get busy!

Kuhlsport
03-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks all for the replies! I have several friends with Prevost's and have been lurking around here for a couple months before posting so my bucket of advice and insight is overflowing. I do have a coach selected and down payment has been made. Just need to formalize contracts with my signature, etc... Things do move fast when you finally figure out what you want and then you find it sitting in front of you. I will share as soon as it is appropriate. Hint: I owe a big thank you to Robin King and have a couple of airline stubs from CVG to FLL. If anyone is in Sebring this weekend for the ALMS race, drop a note. Lot's of buses and RVs here. I'm running in the GT3 Cup Challenge races on Thursday and Friday.

garyde
03-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Welcome to POG Kasey and Lis, and welcome to the running commentary we call support. Hope to see your new coach photos posted soon. Of Coarse , we all would have liked to have been given the opportunity to talk you into it. Spending our members money is what we do best.

ms911
03-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the group. I wish was in Sebring for the 12 hr. That 911 GT3 must be awesome to drive.

Freddie Smith
06-25-2011, 09:08 AM
I too am new with POG but since I paid my $100.00 gives me some privileges of welcoming new members too. Look forward to meeting you soon.

Freddie & Vera Smith
Waycross, Ga
Vintage Liberty XL Prevost

Jon Wehrenberg
06-25-2011, 10:38 AM
As a POG member in good standing you are entitled to welcome new members and join the rest of us in providing the wrong answers to questions.

What is a vintage Liberty? What year?