PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in Seattle, San Francisco and Malibu

Ledo
03-09-2011, 09:33 AM
I am looking for campgrounds in each city or thereabouts. I know we will be in the Seattle area on the 4th of July so hopefully something is still available. I am starting this thread in hope previous travelers have already found the key spots.

Kenneth Brewer
03-09-2011, 01:02 PM
I am looking for campgrounds in each city or thereabouts. I know we will be in the Seattle area on the 4th of July so hopefully something is still available. I am starting this thread in hope previous travelers have already found the key spots.

Malibu Beach RV Park has great views and can accommodate you. But there are points to consider: it is on the coastal highway, so at rush hours that highway can be crowded with the attendent problems with people who will not give way for lane changes. Lanes are somewhat narrow. The park is tight to very tight, if you are going to be parked at any site, be sure to inform them of your vehicle length and whether or not you have a toad. If you are being placed on the upper level, and you are 45', be sure that you can raise both ends of your coach before and because there is an abrupt angle change down, resulting in a peak you have to drive over, after you turn into the terraced second level road, which will be a left coming up and around from the office. If the park is near full, you will have to maneuver to get into your spot but the spots should be double wide so you will have plenty of lateral room once parked. Once in, I think you will enjoy the place and the view. Although there is a recent post in rvparkreviews.com that may be of concern, we were well received last year during July/August.

Alternatively, although we did not use it, there is a state park/beach fairly nearby to the north; Emma Wood. There are places where you pay to park/camp alongside the west side of the coastal highway - dry camping. You pay a fee. If you use google earth, you can see the RVs from aerial/satellite views.

Jerry Winchester
03-09-2011, 05:27 PM
When we were in San Francisco, we stayed in Pacifica at a cool RV park overlooking the ocean. I think it's called San Francisco RV Resort.