PDA

View Full Version : Pamela and Lloyd ending their Tour of North America

lloyd&pamela
03-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Hello POGers,

After three years of full-timing around North America, we are leaving the bus with Steve Bennett from California Coach Company for him to sell and traveling back to Nova Scotia.

We bought the bus three years ago here in LA on March 1, 2008 with the help of Jon, Steve, and many other POG members.

Jon was so gracious to look at hundreds of photos of three different buses we narrowed our search to before flying to CA, AZ, and IL to see them. Jon virtually inspected each with us and helped us make the most informed decision.

After selecting the CA bus we, Steve met us at Prevost in Mira Loma to do a coach inspection while they did a DMI. We then drove straight to Jon's bus barn to let Jon do a final inspection.

We filled the bus with our belonging and said goodbye to family and friends and enjoyed our first rally in TN and had a great time meeting all the members. For the next three years we traveled over 40,000 miles and visited all the provinces except Newfoundland and visited all the states. Our Travel Blog (http://prevost.wordpress.com) documented our adventures in photos and stories.

We made the mini rally in Lake Havasu, Ken's party at Quartsite, Maine, and Port St. Lucie, and the OK rally. Tour Nova Scotia with Eric, Debbie, and Jay last summer and have enjoyed the hospitality of many along the way. Thank you all for your kindness to us.

Thank you most of all to POG and its wonderful members who have helped us with advice and counsel and solutions throughout our travels. The $100 membership fee is the best insurance and travel assistance service in the country. I can not name all the members who have solved problems and given us great advice through out the years, each know who you are and we say Thank You Very Much.

Jon thank your for all the calls you answered and your wealth of advice, you are a treasure.

Eric and Debbie thank you for your wonderful hospitality and friendship, you're the best.

Jim Skiff thank you for creating such a wonderful forum of characters and allowing us to join.

Our best wishes to all we have met and to those we have only shared this forum. You will all be missed.

We look forward to getting back home to NS with family and friends. We will continue to travel (we cruise later this year to Ireland, England, France, and The Netherlands). Our next big adventure may be cruising the French canals by barge.

But for now we look forward to finding reconnecting with our own community of friends and eventually find some property around Lunenburg and build a home.

If your travels bring you to NS please contact us (wlw3@mac.com). We will continue to post to the travel blog, but will probably change its name to "Pamela and Lloyd's Current Adventures" (or something like that).

We're in Malibu boxing up our clothes and belonging before heading to Steve's. We have enjoyed wintering in Malibu and San Diego this year and had a wonderful time.

We now have to cross the border and return to NS before my residency and our health care is at risk.

Attached last photo from Malibu.

Big hug to all.
Lloyd and Pamela

Jerry Winchester
03-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Lloyd & Pam,

What a great adventure and it was equally good to get to know you all and for the photo lessons in OKC. Good luck in the new phase of your life and we wish you all the best.

Rae & JDUB

lloyd&pamela
03-06-2011, 04:35 PM
JDUB thanks for all the great Margarita parties you, Mango, and Truk hosted. Fun times. Best to you.

Sid Tuls
03-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Lloyd, what is the name of that park in the above picture? That looks like an awesome place!!

lloyd&pamela
03-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Sid,
Malibu Beach RV Park
800-622-6052 Site 10
We also like site 90

See photos below.

Site 90 next to us.

Site 10 (where we are now)

Site 90 next to us.

GDeen
03-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Lloyd and Pamela,

Jennifer and I enjoyed meeting ya'll at the Maine rally last summer. What an adventure! Best to you in the future.

Gordon

JIM CHALOUPKA
03-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Lloyd and Pamela, good luck and much happiness in your future adventures.

JIM:)

lloyd&pamela
03-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Gordon & Jeniffer we wish you great travels. Thank you,
Lloyd and Pamela

lloyd&pamela
03-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Jim thank you for all your helpful comments in the past. Best to you always. Lloyd and Pamela

Coloradobus
03-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Lloyd and Pamela, Have a safe trip back to NS. Chris and I enjoyed your photo seminar last year at OKC. By the way. The Himmelmans, Al and Jan say HI from Evergreen!!!

lloyd&pamela
03-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Jim and Chris thanks. Please tell Al and Jan Hi from us. We had a great time with them. Best to all of you.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Lloyd and Pam, good luck in your new venture. It has been a blast reading your posts and viewing your pictures. We are going to miss you guys.

lloyd&pamela
03-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Jon, you and Di were like our bus parents. Thank you for everything. We will miss you. We will keep posting stories and photos, so please keep following and drop us a note when you can. Lloyd and Pamela

Will Garner
03-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Lloyd and Pamela, You don't have to just go away. I'm sure the Skiffer would be glad to convert your NS dollars to American so you can continue membership with POG! Maybe he would even give you a reduced rate - not. Carole and I enjoyed the times we were in your company. As an old American cowboy classic series ended, "Happy Trails to you, until we meet again ... ? You don't want me to sing that and I'd be about as good as the celebrity singing the National Anthem at the Superbowl - I don't know all the words to this song either!

lloyd&pamela
03-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Hello Will and Carole, we intend to continue our POG membership for for a while. We enjoy keeping up with the travels of our other friends on POG. If you come back again we would love to see both of you. Thank you and safe travels.

truk4u
03-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Best of luck to you Lloyd and Pamela, we will certainly miss you. You guys did it right...

phorner
03-06-2011, 09:04 PM
LLoyd and Pam,

Best wishes for much success and happiness in the next phase of your "adventure"!

We sure enjoyed your company and will miss seeing you two.

If your future travels take you to South Florida please stop by.....

Pete
03-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Lloyd & Pam, take care of yourselves, keep us up to date on your travels. We enjoyed spending time with you guys at several rallies.
Pete & E.J

garyde
03-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi Lloyd and Pam. I remember meeting you in Pomona at the FMCA Rally when you were in California buying your bus. Time has gotten away from us. The waffle breakfast at Lake Havasu, and the photo seminar at OKC also come to mind. Thanks for all of your contributions to all of us over the years. Happy Trails.

Denny
03-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Lloyd and Pamela, we wish you the best in your next adventure.

BrianE
03-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Lloyd & Pamela, You will be missed. Beverly, Danny, and I wish you all the happiness in the world. Your adventures have been an inspiration to any with unfilled bucket lists, please keep your POG friends in the loop. The French barge trip is on our list also..... and don't forget the bicycles, I mean vélos.

HarborBus
03-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Lloyd & Pamela, While we never met in person I always looked forward to you superior photos and reading your blog. You'll be missed, the best to you in your new adventures.

lloyd&pamela
03-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Our Route Home

Truk (Tom) Thank you for making the rallies so much fun. We still remember the margaritas.

Paul and Janice as much as we love the Keys we will let you know when we next head south, thank you for your hospitality at Port St. Luce.

Pete and EJ the best to both of you.

Gary I still remember walking around the FMCA rally with all the other POG members, everyone was so inviting. Thank you for many great memories and lots of good advice over the years.

Denny and Ruth Ann we have enjoyed the rallies with both of you, let us know if you are ever heading to NS.

Brain and Beverly thank you for thank you for taking the time in TN to talk with Pamela about driving the bus. She was always a better driver than I, though she stopped driving after she got her license. Sorry we missed you on our way through OR, but Waterton Lakes is one of our favorite places also.

Elliot and Evy though we have never met we have enjoyed your posts here on the forum and feel we know you to some degree.

rahangman
03-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Never have gotten to meet you two, but surely do envy what you have done the last few years , and, going into the future. Faye & I have marveled at all your pics and am sure more will find there way to our POG site. Its also reassuring to know that someone with a vintage bus almost identical to ours has been so able to do all this. Thanks for the memories go for all you can.

lloyd&pamela
03-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Rodger thank you. There are so many POG members we have not met, but have enjoyed reading over the years. We will keep posting to the blog, thank you for your kind words. Live today what you want to do tomorrow, because tomorrow may not come.

merle&louise
03-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Pamela & Lloyd,

Sorry to see your bus travels end, but I am sure you have a ton of memories to carry you thru to your next adventure. Karen and I really enjoyed spending time with you in New Orleans and PSL.

Thanks so much for turning me on to the Wilson Dual Antenna cellular amplifier. We used it in Canada and Alaska last summer; couldn't have made the trip without it. It is an awesome piece of technology.

We will follow your blog - good luck!

lloyd&pamela
03-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Tuga and Karen we so enjoyed spending time in NO with both of you. We love the city and good company made it all the better. Hard to beat NO for good food. We wish you both all the best.

aggies09
03-07-2011, 06:30 PM
We enjoyed meeting and spending time with you in OKC along with some wine and cheese. I hope that your writing efforts pay off. I will keep looking for your names in credits...............Best of luck to both of you........As said before, you guys are an inspiration to all that have that wandering spirit............

lloyd&pamela
03-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Tony and Jenny thank you. We enjoyed our time in OKC. Than again how can you not enjoy a weekend with POG, crazy guys and lovely wives. Best to you in your travels. Do everything sooner rather than later.

"Twenty years from now you will regret more the things you have not done, than the things you have." - Mark Twain

At thirty-two this quote changed my life. I have tried since the to do whatever I desired immediately, and have no regrets yet.

Alek&Lucia
03-07-2011, 07:37 PM
:)

My, My, how time passes,
It sounds like yesterday, yet it has already been over three years when we met in Sevierville,TN.
Well, under the circumstances, since the decision has already been taken, all we can say at this time,

Lots of GOOD LUCK, in your future ventures, May the wind always be at your back and the warmth of sunshine always in your face.
May you sell your bus quickly and with a positive result.

Again, Adieu, Orevoir, Arrivederci avec Bon Chance

Alek and Lucia

lloyd&pamela
03-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Alek and Lucia we so enjoyed the evening in OKC in your bus. We still talk about that with friends. Alek the water softener had been a wonder. Thanks for your friendship and good wishes. Big hugs.

Alek&Lucia
03-07-2011, 08:11 PM
:)

You are right, it was a party !
Good time !

lloyd&pamela
03-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Lots of GOOD LUCK, in your future ventures, May the wind always be at your back and the warmth of sunshine always in your face.
May you sell your bus quickly and with a positive result.

Thank you for the well wishes. Using Jon's maintenance schedule and all the upgrades we did, someone will get a great bus. We were shocked when we listed all the upgrades, mechanically and system-wise it is virtually a new bus:

Improvements we made since 2008

New IOTA 24 volt charger
Emergency/warning triangle flare kit
Installed lock for Zipdee awning
Installed new mount for generator coolant reserve tank
Replaced Thompson pump for aux air
Installed larger 2 gal water reserve tank
Installed 2 new Shure water pumps, plumbing lines
Replaced Valterra grey and black water dump knife valves
Installed Balance Master mercury filled wheel balancers on all wheels
Installed Air Force One breakaway tow vehicle system (www.smibreak.com)
Replaced turbo
Overhauled engine: Replaced 8 cylinder liners, rings and pistons. Replaced both manifold gaskets and right pyrosensor. Installed new thermostats. 09/21/2010
Replaced air dryer
Replaced power steering filter
Replaced regulator on LP tank
Replaced balance front seal and cam
Installed new DDEC II
Installed new 24 volt alternator
Replaced dash AC compressor
Installed new manifold gaskets and engine overhaul
Installed new breather drip hoses
All engine belts replaced
Installed all new tires 6/08 & 8/08 with same build date
Installed all new airbags
Replaced all new Norgen valves and ride-height valves
Replaced all shock absorbers
Replaced both Vanner 60 amp volt master battery equalizers
Removed, repainted and reinstalled sliding house battery rack
Replaced chassis batteries 4/09
Replaced Webasto brain
Replaced igniter and serviced Webasto
Replaced Webasto relays
Installed external speaker outputs
Installed 4 Lifeline GPL-8DL gel 12V 255amp house batteries
Installed Magnum MagnaSine 2800 watt sine wave inverter
Installed Magnum autogen start
Installed Magnum battery monitor system
Installed Magnum indoor remote control LCD panel
Installed new battery temp sensor
Replaced all front clearance lights
Replaced both Fantastic Vents with latest models
Sealed all roof seams - no leaks
Installed Wilson wifi booster/amplifier, external antennae, 30' low-loss cable and interior antennae
Installed new passenger window
Installed new passenger-side windshield
Replaced and upgraded entry door handle and lock
Replaced all brake lines
Replaced steer and tag brake diaphragms
Replaced windshield wipers
Replaced new window washer pump and lines
Replaced external deadbolt
Installed See Level II tank monitoring system for fresh, grey, black and LP
? Replaced HWH electronic leveling sensor for automatic leveling
Installed Galaxy DX949 CB radio and external Firestick Firefly CB antennae in 7/10
Installed Air Zenith digital auxiliary air pressure gauge
Installed all wiring and antennae for XM radio
Installed new stereo radio CD player with iPhone/iPod input in dash
Installed shoe storage locker under tile entry step
Installed Portenza Oro Chiaro tile floor through living room, galley, bathroom (spare tiles in bay below)
Replaced AC control reostat in living room
Installed new desk with sliding computer and printer shelves and 2 file drawers
Installed retractable 26" High definition television on 180 degree swivel mount (includes connection for personal computer to be used as second monitor. Is connected to cable, external antennae, Playstation and in-motion satellite. Need to purchase DirectTV player.)
Installed matching black walnut desk
Installed 2 shelf bookcase to right of main t.v.
Installed 4 dimming lights in living room
Reupholstered sofa
TomTom 930 GPS with mount and charger
Cobra walkie talkies
Installed new Dometic AC/Propane refrigerator - larger model
Installed new electronic blender base with new blender
Installed new kitchen faucet
Installed new plumbing under kitchen sink
Replaced all fire extinguishers
Installed new electric kick heater in galley and bedroom
Installed new re-setable circuit outlet in kitchen
Installed 19" high definition t.v. in bedroom which connects to cable, external antennae, PlayStation/DVD/Blue Ray player, and in-motion satellite system
Installed 3 shelves above Splendide washer/dryer
Installed new motor and vent piping for Splendide washer/dryer
Installed new Sealand Technology electronic toilet
Replaced all plumbing in shower and replaced shower head with low volume shower head
Installed radio/CD player with iPod connection in rollup cupboard in bedroom
Installed removable shelf on passenger side rear closet
Installed new Cadet electric heater thermostats
Installed new carpet in bedroom
Three axle alignment on 7/08
Replaced smoke detector
Installed new gas and CO2 alarm under kitchen counter
Installed new Culligan water filter
Replaced Jake Brake engine override and switches
Replaced wheel cage in front blower fan and cage assembly
Replaced o-ring in power steering
Replaced driver's Delco power seat base 7/22/2010
Replaced Goyan solenoid on hot water heater drain
Replaced drive axel wheel seals
Repainted external strip on front panel (work done by James at Extreme Paint and Graphics)
Installed steer brake diagrams
Replaced air tank drain cock
Installed new boot on the drag link at the steering bay
Installed rubber diamond plating in driver's pedal area
Replaced entry door gasket
Installed HDMI cable throughout bus for improved high definition television
Expanded overhead storage in header
Installed drawer guide locks

MangoMike
03-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Lloyd and Pamela,

Glad you guys were able to live the dream. A lot of us talk the talk, but you walked the walk.

Good luck "barging".

Mango MIke

hobobimmer
03-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Eric, Deb, and Jay wish you "Happy trails...'til we meet again." We can't begin to describe how much we enjoyed our time with you in all the locations where we have been with you, but especially in Nova Scotia. We created memories with you that will last this family a lifetime! You have a home in Tennessee anytime you want to be here. I'm happy to hear you will continue your blog is some form. We love reading about your wanderings. We wish you safe travels. Please take a warm hello back to all our new friends in Nova Scotia. I know they will be happy to have you home!!!

lloyd&pamela
03-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Mango we enjoyed all the margarita parties and your pea green Mango Mike t-shirt has toured all of North America with us. Especially when I needed to be seen on the trail. Pamela says I have to retire it now that the holes are bigger than my fist. Thank you for all the great times.

lloyd&pamela
03-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Debbie, Eric, and Jay will are asked about you by our friends from home all the time. Hope you will make the Folk Hafbour Festival an annual trek. Maybe you can talk Don into flying you up, but since Eric has an Iron Butt, he would probable be offended by missing all the miles behind the wheel.

You are our favorite traveling companions, we look forward to seeing youin NS soon and will stop by on our next trip south.

We were upgraded today to a larger u-haul and now all the box do not look like so many. May be an advantage crossing the border. We head out tomorrow morning for Utah on 15, then 70 into Colarado. Hope we can avoid any ice along the way.

We are both a little sad because tonight is our last night in the bus. She has protected and carried us for the past three years to many extraordinary locations. We have enjoyed numerous memorable nights with friends old and new.

Steve hopes to have the photos up by next Tuesday. He and Tony are wonderful to work with and just nice guys. Until later...

bonhall41
03-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Good luck on your next adventures and thanks for the photo seminar in OKC.

Bonnie

lloyd&pamela
03-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Thank you Bonnie. Best to you and Donald.

lloyd&pamela
03-11-2011, 08:30 PM
And We’re Off! *Sniff* *Sniff* see here: http://prevost.wordpress.com/