PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy Gray Matter

Joe Cannarozzi
11-06-2006, 05:42 PM
The inside of all of our closets, drawers and shelves are covered with this stuff.

As we alter, repair and replace things we would like to keep things uniform.

Ive tried Michales Crafts, Jo-ann fabrics an upolstry shop an Auto Detail Shop and found nothing.

Any ideas, some web sites would be good:confused:

Toy Box
11-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Call any boat supply co., its called hull liner. Usually found in the v-berth area to hide the irregularity in the hull.

rmboies
11-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Joe,

When we had our first coach, a Bluebird, we had to replace the closet lining. Bob went to a local business that supplies auto upholstery fabrics and bought a roll of trunk liner. It was very inexpensive. I would suggest calling your local suppliers to see what they carry and then take a sample with you for color, nap, etc.

Here are also two sites I found that may carry what you are looking for, good luck!

www.garysupholstery.com/ntohull.html

www.fabricsandvinyls.com/products/72hull_liner.htm

Debi Boies/CastleRidge Morgan Farm
foals by: World Champion Above Command
Landrum, S.C.
www.castleridgefarm.com
www.doberman911.org

rmboies
11-07-2006, 08:28 AM
OOPS, sorry! When I copied and pasted the links for you from my email program I left my sig line attached--please ignore the two websites included in that as they would only have horse or dog fur, not suitable for coach lining :D

Debi

lewpopp
11-07-2006, 10:02 AM
I have been looking for the bluish-grey with dots of black material for a long time. It is what lines the luggage compartments in most every coach.

I got some from Warshawsky a while back and paid thru the nose. Haven't seen it anywhere since.

Lew

win42
11-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Lew: Hey "Nickle Nose" I don't know what I'd rather have, The Bank of America or your nose full of Nickles. "It's Nickle Nose on second base"
"Love Ya Man"

lewpopp
11-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Jeese Harry, how did you know I had a big nose?

Lew

Joe Cannarozzi
11-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Thank you all for the responses. The first 2 upolsterers were not very helpful the third was the charm, had about as close to perfect as you could ask.

These folks figure square yardage oddly. The fabric roll is OVER 4 FT wide and 3 Ft of that is concidered 1 Square yard:confused: Oh well, didnt argue since its to my advantage. We bought 12Ft off the roll, got some extra, 100 Bucks. Ill probably use a 3-M arosal product for the glue.

Heres some pictures. We finally finished the cabinats and trim around our new refrigerator. It was about 8 inches taller than the old one and I had make the upper cabinat smaller and shorten up the upper cab. doors. There is a false BACK on this cabinat that forms a void behind it that forms the chimney for the fridge.

You can see the false back in the cabinat and from the bottom if you look close you can see the vent holes at the rear to allow heat up into the chimney behind. The cab. will be cut almost in half. You can see the brown clips for a shelf, that is where is the bottom or the new cab. ended up. Also notice the broken and half missing piece of laminate on the face, found it in the compartment after pulling the fridge. What luck!

This is as far as we had to DEMO. Notice the SMALL PVC pipe poking through the roof. This concerns me. On the outside we have the normal large rectangular frig roof vent and on the inside all they poked open is a 2 inch hole. Dosent seem like enough. NO GOOD :(

And the finished product:)

Oh, one more thing, for all you POWER HOGS, this thing runs on 1.5 amps A/C!

dalej
11-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Quote "These folks figure square yardage oddly. The fabric roll is OVER 4 FT wide and 3 Ft of that is concidered 1 Square yard:"

FYI, Upholstery and material shops go by the running yard not square yard. most upholstery is manufactured in rolls of 54 or 60 inch widths. Joe if you still have the brand and style # it helps everyone to find it if some day we need it. These post will be around a long time.

PS Your craftsmanship looks GREAT!

MangoMike
11-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Joe,

Nice job bud. Who was the 3rd upholsterer that you finally used? Link, phone?

Thanks

Mike

Lee Bornstein
11-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Joe:
Large roof vent is normally required for Propane Fridge. It acts both as a chimney for combustion waste and nore important as a way to move cool air over the coils to allow the ammonia based refrigerant to transition from liquid to gas state and vice versa.

Your Electric fridge needs airflow too but not as much as a Propane unit.

Lee

Joe Cannarozzi
11-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Lee,The new fridge is 2-way, Propane-110A/C. Our original fridge was 2-way also 110AC/12voltDC. It was however an amonia fridge also, so the chimney should be acceptable. I have nothing to compare what I have now since the original never worked, but I can tell you the cabinat above the firdge gets warm and Im deffinatly going to remedy that.

When installing I created a "foot" to elevate the thing a couple inches off its base to allow cold air to be introduced from inside since I did not cut a hole in the side of the bus for a louvered lower access door outside. It seems to work well. I will watch it and install an louvered outer acess door only if nessasary.

Im hoping that after expanding the roof opening the "warmness" in that upper cabinat will be less noticable. I would expect some warmth there but only minimal.

Orren Zook
11-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Joe,

You could also add a fan to air cooling - these are thermostatically controlled, turning on at 110 degrees and off at 90 degrees. 12v current is required for operation, they're available at camping world for about $35