PDA

View Full Version : Batteries from Truk

gmcbuffalo
02-15-2011, 02:30 PM
If you haven't bought and need batteries, I highly recommend Truk4u's service. The longest part of the whole deal was waiting on USPS to deliver the check.

Thanks Tom for making this so painless.

Even with shipping of 8 4D's it was the best pricing around. Way below others that i could buy from locally.

GregM

truk4u
02-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Nice installation Greg, that should fix your dry camping concerns!:o

Yankee802
02-17-2011, 03:56 PM
I was going to get mine a couple months ago, but I missed the deadline before the price increase. Truk, let me know before the next one, k?

Jon Wehrenberg
02-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Just curious, Yank........If your batteries are such that you were considering replacement a couple of months ago, how bad will they be and how much of a load are they putting on your inverters or converters by the time the next price increase rolls around?

A bad cell in one battery can turn a marginal set of batteries into junk almost overnight and at the same time potentially increase the charging loads on your inverters or converters. If you don't dry camp you almost don't need more than one battery, but if you do dry camp bad batteries will ruin your day.

truk4u
02-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Yank,

Jon hit the nail on the head, if they were bad last October, they sure haven't got any better... The next battery increase was sent out today to the dealers effective March 1st., due to the price of lead, again.