PDA

View Full Version : Bose System Issues

Jamie Bradford
02-08-2011, 03:12 PM
My Bose system has gone nuts! Zone one , inside the coach , will not respond to the remote or the panel on the cd changer. The volume is stuck on FULL. Zone 2 , in the 2nd bay , works fine.

I called Bose and they told me I would probably need to buy a replacement , ie new bass & cd unit. Although they will sell it 1/2 off I really do not want to have to get a new one.

Has anyone ever had a problem like this? Also , CC hid the bass unit in the same place as the dash computer so I really would like to be careful fooling around in there. It is behind the driver's seat. I think the top of that table comes off??

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

Denny
02-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Jamie,
The cabinet behind the driver's seat contained the base unit on my 99 CC. The top is held on by Velcro and comes off by carefully lifting up on it. When you talked to Bose did they say anything about rebuilding the main unit? I have had two of them rebuilt by Bose in the past. About 3 years ago the charge was around $250. They completely go over the unit and repair/replace what is needed. Much cheaper than buying a new unit even at 1/2 off. Hopefully, they still offer this service.

phorner
02-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Jamie,

I had a problem with my Bose system when I first got the bus. Bose offered to recondition the entire system for a flat rate if I sent it to them.

Accordingly, I sent them both the sub-woofer and the tuner/cd changer. They reconditioned everything, including a software update and shipped it back for around $300, including return shipping.

Turn around time was a week or so and I was very happy with the results.

Been working great ever since.

charlesebrownjr
02-08-2011, 08:44 PM
The Bose in my bus acts up occasionally. Some times the sound will stop but when I check the head unit the power is still on. I take the remote and power off the unit and power back on and all is fine. Intermittent problem. My drive all day and not have this happen then in a 100 miles it may do it numerous times. Sent all to Bose twice and they did the refurbish and sent it back, same problem. I guess my next step is to trace the speaker wires to make sure they are not grounding somewhere. Mine also is in the cabinet behind the drivers seat. Since I have the Silver Leaf glass dash, I removed the computer and all related wiring. My cabinet has an access door that unlocks with a key, then you can remove one screw on the curved or rounded corner to remove the entire corner of the base cabinet and get access to all components. Good Luck.

Alek&Lucia
02-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Jamie,

Also after BOSE will recondition your unit they will give you one year extra warranty.
Done that, in my previous CC and my Royale last year, I'm very happy, worth the money.

Alek

Larry W
02-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Sent my Bose to them about 2 years ago and have had no problems

Jamie Bradford
04-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Here I am 2 months later. After troubleshooting the problem all I could I sent the Bass & CD 20 Console to Norbern Electronics in Colorado. Bose would not work on anything this old and Norbern does.

They found absolutely wrong with either unit. They sent them back to me and guess what??? The thing works perfectly!!!

The only thing I can figure is that the remote was stuck sending a "Volume UP" signal constantly. When I got the unit back I took the batteries out before testing it and all worked fine. I then replaced the batteries and all worked fine???????

I just wish I had thought of that 2 months ago...............

Jamie

truk4u
04-08-2011, 09:00 PM
I know what happened! Caesar sneezed, slinging large amounts of slobber on the remote, it dried, followed by stuck buttons! As you can see, he told me...:p

Jamie Bradford
04-09-2011, 07:55 AM
You know .... You may be right on it Tom.

mikedee
04-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Sent my Bose in when I bought the coach 4 years ago, $125.00 exchange. Works prefect to this day.

They just wanted console, CD/changer. I think the one they sent back was brand new.