PDA

View Full Version : Flashing circuit breaker switches

scott13
02-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Today I unplugged my coach, started it, then started the generator and pulled out of the shop to let it run awhile. When I went back to the circuit breaker panel about half the buttons were flashing red and green. I shut them off they all turned red like they do when there off but they do not shut off their respective circuits. If I turn them on again they just flash red and green again. I don't know what to do correct this situation. I know the buttons in the coach are remote switches to turn off the actual breakers in the electric bay. Has anyone else ever managed to do this with their coach? I would guess something needs to be reset but I don't know what it would be. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

Kenneth Brewer
02-07-2011, 12:07 AM
This sounds like you may have a PLC (programmable logic controller) as we do in Libertys, for example controlling lights and electrical/electronic components. In my case it is an Allen-Bradley SLC 50 in one of the driver's side bays (second bay). But, additionally, you may have a control/communication bus (not a vehicle, but a fancy name for a wired/cabled connection system) - a digital communication network that would tell/communicate with actual switches and breakers as to what to do and pass information on their status. Sometimes they are called 'smart switches' and breakers. If this is so, let me know. Then I can make up something that sounds like I know what is going on.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Interesting.........

Having my brain totally unencumbered with any knowledge of how Vantare is set up, I can only conclude Ken is on the right path. What I would do if that happened to me would be to shut everything down. Kill 100% of the power to the bus from every source. Shore, generator, inverters, and batteries. Then I would restore the power hoping the systems would reboot themselves and function properly.

But since I don't know what I am talking about I would also be scrambling to find the phone number for Coach Worx and I would ask for Ben. Unlike me, he actually knows what he is talking about.

rmboies
02-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Typing for Bob here :-)

Scott, having owned a few Vantares Bob has seen this problem before. He suggests going to the second bay on the drivers side. There you will see two switches that say "invertor on them". Turn them off and then on again. This cleared our problem, hopefully it will help you.

Bob and Debi

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Scott13, look to the last thing that you changed since proper operation.

Possibly try to throw the transfer switch manually.

Look to our sponsors for help, in this case Ben C at Coachworx. 18138308619

Another Liberty guy helping out a comrade.

JIM :)

johnklopp
02-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Id go with Jon's suggestion. Many electronic controls will auto reset when power is removed for a short period of time.

My question is, why was Jon up at 5 am?

Jon Wehrenberg
02-07-2011, 02:44 PM
It might have been 5:00 AM where you were this morning, but my pups let me oversleep today until 6:30 eastern time. A rare treat since it has been between 5:00 and 6:00 since we got back from FL.