PDA

View Full Version : WTB 2006 or newer XLII 2-slide

jpaton
02-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Looking to buy a 2006 or newer XLII with 2-slides.
Thank you to all POG-ers. this web site has been a wonderful learning experience.
Jim paton
jamescpaton@gmail.com

garyde
02-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi James. Start here; http://www.prevost-stuff.com/

There are many sites, some have the same Coaches as other sites. Then there are several POG owneres who have Coaches for sale, they will chime in I'm sure. There are also
POG owners who actually keep up with everything which is on the Market. They may add their two cents.

Jon Wehrenberg
02-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Good start, but since you know you want an XLII and two slides, have your further refined your search to a specific converter or features? Your search will be more focussed and you will be a better informed buyer as you zero in on what it is your needs are or will be.

And BTW, If I haven't welcomed you, welcome to the asylum we call POG. You will get along just fine as long as your expectations for answers, particulalry correct ones are low.

Unless things are changing fast this is still a buyer's market and you should be able to get a lot of value for your money. Don't be afraid to ask questions because despite the fact we don't try real hard to give the correct answers, we really can help with your questions. We are always happy to help a POG member spend money.

jpaton
02-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Thanks, Garyde and Jon. I have enjoyed and chuckled over most of the threads I have read to date. The comraderie within the group is apparent.
OK, back to my search: The wife is focused on a unit either with bunks, or the central wardrobe that can be converted (Marathon); but this is not a deal breaker (she's not looking over my shoulder right now). So I'm at the age old dilemma: spend what you want to spend (<$500K) and plan to upgrade in the future; or spend more than you want to spend and get what you really want. We purchased a 2008 Tiffin Zephyr 2.5 years ago, and now (after 30,000 miles) I find myself in the position of "upgrading". We do not regret that purchase, and view it as a natural learning curve; albeit an expensive one.

We both like the "wood-like" cabinetry; and detest the white/light interiors that we see on a lot of the used units. This is a deal breaker. I almost bought a 2007 Legendary in Florida last week. It was beautiful, but someone else wanted it a little worse than I did.

Thank you to everyone for your input, suggestions, and advice.

Sid Tuls
02-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi Jim, also check the site RV online there are a lot of busses on that site as well. Jim where are you located we have a little rally here in palm desert next week and you can get a lot ideas. I think there are going to be about 20 buses here. There are a few for sale as well.

phorner
02-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Again, welcome to POG. Seems as though you have a pretty good idea as to what you want. In my opinion, your next major decision is whether Prevost factory OTR heat and air conditioning is a must.

If the absence of OTR bus air is a deal breaker, your choices will shrink considerably. For instance, it will be difficult to find a Liberty Coach without Prevost OTR bus air and it may be just as difficult to find other converters with it.

This is essentially a matter of personal preference, the value of which is often the subject of lengthy discussion on this forum. Only you will know how high this item is on your list of priorities.

Other considerations depend somewhat on how you intend to use your bus.

Best wishes for a successful search in finding the "right" bus for you and your family.

And yep, we do enjoy helping you spend your hard earned cash.......

Sid Tuls
02-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Jim I forgot Marathon has busses on display as well as Vantare here in the park.

jpaton
02-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks, Sid. I will be flying to Phoenix on Tuesday, and spending the next week in Tucson. Will be traveling through that area; but not until 2/18-20.

Sid Tuls
02-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Jim, our get together is Feb 17-19 th at the Motor Coach Contry Club in Indio, Ca. If it works in your travel plans would love to have you come out. I can be reached at 559-901-6426 or e-mail at sidtuls@yahoo.com

garyde
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM
The natural wood cabinetry is primarily found on the Royal Coaches. Marathon has feux wood cabinetry as does others like Featherlite. Finding a mid closet or bunk bedwill limit you to Marathon for the most part although I have seen a newer H3 with Liberty with a bunk bed. Then there is the entertainer Coaches.

jpaton
02-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Sid et al:

Just wanted to drop a note to thank you for the inviation to the Indio get together.
We were planning to stop by for 2-days but the resort is full during those dates.
Thanks for all of your feedback on the forum.

FYI: we are looking at an 06 Marathon: as nice as it could be. but more $ than we really want to spend (how many times have we'all said those words?).Has anyone worked with Ken Goss and rented out their motor home through him (Luxury Motorhome Rentals out of GA)?

Regards,

Jim Paton

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
02-17-2011, 08:47 PM
"rented out their motor home"

Just my personal opinion only because you asked. I would not ever think of renting out our bus due to the unknown of what condition it would be when returned. No one takes care of your personal property as you would. (I am a bit OCD myself though). Ed can speak for himself.
Sandy

cori
02-17-2011, 09:04 PM
I have a 2006 Legendary XL2 Double Slide with 53000 miles in excellent condition for sale .The coach was just serviced, new tires and battieries installed.

garyde
02-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Sid et al:

Just wanted to drop a note to thank you for the inviation to the Indio get together.
We were planning to stop by for 2-days but the resort is full during those dates.
Thanks for all of your feedback on the forum.

FYI: we are looking at an 06 Marathon: as nice as it could be. but more $ than we really want to spend (how many times have we'all said those words?).Has anyone worked with Ken Goss and rented out their motor home through him (Luxury Motorhome Rentals out of GA)?

Regards,

Jim Paton

Hi Jim. There are several other RV Parks in the area. If you want to visit just give me a call and we can have you come in for the day as a guest. 805-896-0222.