PDA

View Full Version : PRO-DRIVER

Coloradobus
01-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Does anyone know if Detroit Diesel made a PRO-DRIVER of sorts for the 8V-92. Chris checked with Silver Leaf and Brian said they made an equivalent that would plug into our diagnostic port. ??

truk4u
01-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Chris & Jim,

My 94 Liberty had the Pro Driver working on DDEC 2 and if worked very well.

rahangman
01-29-2011, 10:54 AM
I met a fellow up past Morrison last fall that is a Silverleaf Tech/Sales, he may be someone to check with. As I remember, I asked him then and he said yes. If you want I will try to find his card, the bus is not on our property at this moment. Neither is Wife, she's out in Co helping with arrival of #8 grandchild but she may remember the exact locale. We found it when taking a little looksee at the early Aspen changes

stevet903
01-29-2011, 11:59 AM
I have a Silverleaf VMS-200 on my '89. I picked it because it would integrate several displays into one - Pressure Pro, Weather Station, and Engine Monitoring - and I didn't have much space to work with in the panel. You can also add other modules to start your generator, monitor road temps, etc. It works great.

If you don't want a panel mount and just want to monitor your engine, they make something called VMSpc, which you can load on your laptop. About $400.

The website is here: http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/

One thing I found (the hard way!!) is that if you have a DDEC II engine, you must have one of the later versions of the engine software in your ECM to get the MPG function to work. The final version -154 will definitely work, and I have heard that the -141 will work as well. Apparently earlier software versions did not implement the odometer function correctly in the ECM, so the number of miles traveled was, depending on the version, missing entirely or not saved when the engine was turned off. You would probably need this for MPG to work on a ProDriver as well. You can tell the software version if you have a printout from your ECM from a service - look for software level. You can also look at your ECM on the top of the engine below the turbo - the label will have 7570050-xxx. The -xxx is the software level that was installed at the factory.

Coloradobus
01-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Steve and Barbara,
The tag on our ECM is 7570050-121. Last reading at Service showed hours of operation, miles travelled since last reading, average speed, but didn't tell mpg. I had to extrapolate. Guess we have an older version.