PDA

View Full Version : Water Pressure Problem

lewpopp
11-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I have excellent water pressure here at the park but the pressure at the kitchen faucet is marginal. I have removed the water filter which was fairly new and it didn't seem to improve the flow a bit.

Where should I look to improve the inside pressure? My ourside Chicago faucett runs relatively slow also. I really don't expect super pressure but it's in need of improvement.

Perhaps a new faucet in the galley is in order. I just can't get into laying on my back and installing one. I am sure the original Grohe brand is overkill. but that still doesn't address the slow flow to the exterior faucet.

Lew

win42
11-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Lew: If you have a pressure limiting device you may have to change it, they tend to clog. Check the flow coming from your connection hose. I bought one of those curly hoses once and found I could pee stronger than that thing. And at my age that's amazing. Alkali builds up in valves and slows pressure after time.
Lew you didn't park with your wheel on the hose again did you?

lewpopp
11-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Harry, you old fart,

I do not have a pressure reducing thingie on the hose line. Nor do I have a small hose hook up. I have great pressure at the hose.

I cleaned out the small screens on the faucets and the increase was marginal.

Oh cripes, I had my foot on the hose, that's the trouble. I'll keep working on it.

As for peeong, gravity is a wonderful thing. Second base is closer to the outhouse.

Lew

lewpopp
11-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Harry, you old fart,

I do not have a pressure reducing thingie on the hose line. Nor do I have a small hose hook up. I have great pressure at the hose.

I cleaned out the small screens on the faucets and the increase was marginal.

Oh cripes, I had my foot on the hose, that's the trouble. I'll keep working on it.

As for peeing, gravity is a wonderful thing. Second base is closer to the outhouse.

Lew

win42
11-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Lew: I think Mango is on the right track with the clogged filter thing. Do you have hidden filters you don't know about or have been too cheap to replace.
You elders do have problems.

lewpopp
11-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Harry....You referred to Mango saying that I had a filter that I didn't change out. Where is that response. I didn't get it. I ain't that old, I don't think.

Lew

Jerry Winchester
11-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Anyone seeing a pattern with these posts?

Lew: I seem to be having trouble with the water pressure.

Harry: Yes, that cable from the sat to the TV is tough to change out.

Lew: Well yes I did change the oil, but it didn't really help.

Harry: And there is no way those fuses should burn out that fast

Lew: But I always keep the tank full when I travel in Tennessee.

Harry: Well that's your problem, the exhaust manifold is leaking and is effecting your water pressure.

I can't wait for you two to be on the same planet in the same room. :rolleyes:

MangoMike
11-05-2006, 06:56 PM
No Lew, you're not going crazy - yet.

There seems to be two threads running on this issue. Here's the reply Harry was talking about.

Lewster,

I was experiencing low pressure and found out is was the main water filter that was changed about a year ago. Will change now every 6 months as it made all the difference.

MM

garyde
11-05-2006, 08:19 PM
No Lew, you're not going crazy - yet.

There seems to be two threads running on this issue. Here's the reply Harry was talking about.

Lewster,

I was experiencing low pressure and found out is was the main water filter that was changed about a year ago. Will change now every 6 months as it made all the difference.

MM
I discovered with filters it is not always "better is best" The charcoal black filter will not reduce water pressure but the more expensive and higher filtering units will reduce pressure significantly. Gary

Joe Cannarozzi
11-05-2006, 08:46 PM
I think what happened is this morning the web master while in the process of moving Lews post from the for sale forum to the correct forum, Orren was simultainously posting a responce and doing it in the correct forum as well and whalla we had 2 threads on the same topic. If you look at Lews original question, now that it is in this forum, it was not posted by Lew. At the bottom it says edited by Jim Skiff.

And Lew I would be suprised if you did not have a water pressure regulater someware, as Win42 suggests? If you dont, you should.

win42
11-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Lew: Damn I can't stand those loose lipped whipper snapers chiming in our highly technical conversations. Yeeez

lewpopp
11-05-2006, 10:35 PM
I was told that I did not need a water pressure regulator on these coaches because they are plumbed better that a house. I also heard there were built-in pressure regulators in these coaches.

I tried running the water without a filter in the main line and there was no difference.

I took my stainer off of the bath sink and replaced it. It runs a bit better. I have cleaned it before.

I took my faucet end apart and found a gob of Winchester( oh, excuse me, a gob of crap) and cleaned it out. I cleaned up the whole pull out end of the faucet. The water is running better but not the best. I will keep working on it.

dalej
11-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Lew, for what it's worth I'll give it a try. First I would go to the source, the pump outlet and disconect the line there. Second I would run a flex tube out to a bucket. Third I would turn on the pumps switch and check output into a bucket, should be getting at least three gallons minimum with no pressure, I hope you get at least five gallons per minute. Let us know these results before proceeding.