PDA

View Full Version : Entry Door Adjustment

rahangman
01-25-2011, 10:53 AM
I am looking for adjustment procedure for our Entry door. Exhausted 1 hr so far. Door looks pretty flush towards top left side, but when inside looking out, can actually see a small amount of daylight at bottom where door meets frame. No rubber seal on door, but edge of door on outside looks to be about 1/8 or more of an inch to outside out of adjustment. I know it is mainly on the door post left side of door , but cannot find the article. Door itself looks straight when looking up from ground . Any help?

stevet903
01-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Here's what the maintenance manual says:

8.2.2 Door Adjustment
The entrance door can be adjusted vertically and
laterally, and can be moved in or out. Modifying
the height or lateral adjustment of the door can be
made by loosening 3 cap screws fastening each
of the upper and lower hinges to the door and
repositioning the door as desired. Vertical and
horizontal adjustments can be made by adding or
removing shims between the upper or lower hinge
plates and the door accordingly (Fig. 17).

That's probably not much help... Was the door or frame bumped out of alignment? Sounds like you might need to shim the top. These kind of adjustments can be a huge pain, I have taken a sharpie marker to trace the outline of the hinge to be able to get it back to the original location. Then I'd move the hinge, and see if it was better. If it wasn't, I'd move it back to the original line, or beyond in the other direction. If it was, then I'd take some paint thinner, erase the original sharpie line, draw a new one, adjust again. You can use a block of wood supported by a jack under the door to take the weight off and allow finer adjustments.

Steve.

rahangman
01-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Thanx Steve, to my knowledge the door has never been "bumped" or any other trauma. That doesn't mean it hasn't. I will see what I can come up by asking around body & frame shops. Any other thoughts feel free to send to rahangman@yahoo.com.