PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Pines, Rincon, Ga

ken&ellen
11-05-2006, 09:13 AM
A good spot right off I-95 outside of Savannah to stop on the way to Florida.
50 A pull through sites. Exit 109.
Forgot to mention the power pedestal was made in Jamestown, NY!!!

rmboies
11-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey Ken and Ellen,

Remember, you are only 3 1/2 - 4 hours drive from us. We would love to have you come and stay on the farm with us anytime you would like. Living in the south becomes a new experience for people who are raised in the north:D We love it here so if you enjoy the ocean but love the serenity of the mountains, you are in a great area to do both! Maybe we can convince our other close neighbors, Jon, Di and Roger and Micki to hop over for a little party too? Everyone is welcome but we only have one concrete pad with a 50 amp plug--:p We do have rooms in the house though so come on down, er over, whatever....

Oh, and please let me know if you find a nice campground close to Charleston.

dreadnought
11-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Speaking of Charleston, we're planning to go down in December and have been looking at James Island County Park which is, duh, owned by the county. Their website shows a bus and they have 50 amp sites. The best part is they're near downtown. Has anyone ever stayed there before?

ken&ellen
11-08-2006, 07:29 AM
We stay at the KOA in Mt Pleasant. Fast, clean, and friendly. They rent cars right at the campground. Minutes from Isle of Palms beaches and resturants. Downtown is right down Rt. 17. Our daughter, Heather, graduated from College of Charleston so we have visited Charleston on many occasions.
Deb & Bob we are only 8 miles from SC, but taxes kept us from purchasing a home there. We will take you up on your offer. Ken & Ellen

mike kerley
11-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Dreadnaught,

We stayed there 7years ago next week and enjoyed it. They do a lot of Christmas Light work in the park as you drive in to the RV section and its very nice. Not a fancy park, but nice. We drove through last year and it looked much the same. Many full timers who seem to live there. Just watch for tree limbs and ask for a lot that is large enough for your bus, some are a little tight.

Mike K

bill&jody
12-05-2006, 02:17 PM
We are booked to stay there for Wed and Thurs nights on our way to DeBary, FL . Met some great people in VT this summer and are meeting them at Highbanks Marina and Campground. Will let you know how both places are. Thanks Ken (& Ellen!)
Jody

rmboies
12-05-2006, 07:28 PM
We stay at the KOA in Mt Pleasant. Fast, clean, and friendly. They rent cars right at the campground. Minutes from Isle of Palms beaches and resturants. Downtown is right down Rt. 17. Our daughter, Heather, graduated from College of Charleston so we have visited Charleston on many occasions.
Deb & Bob we are only 8 miles from SC, but taxes kept us from purchasing a home there. We will take you up on your offer. Ken & Ellen

We have lived in the upstate of SC for 20 years and this past October was the first time I made the trip to Charleston. I can't believe I waited so long! Absolutely loved the Isle of Palms--there is a locally owned very small restaurant right by the public entrance to the beach called "The Sea Biscuit Cafe". They offer a fabulous breakfast and I am sure their other meals are great as well. Just one of those small local hole in the walls so arrive early to beat the crowd. Everyone should visit the Charleston area, it is a great place.

Ellen and Ken, I don't know how I missed this post of yours--I see that you replied to me 11-08--Sorry! Yes, please do take us up on our offer and head up our way or maybe, just maybe, I could get Bob-00 to take a weekend off and meet you with the bus. Send us an email or give us a call after you get settled. All I can say about the taxes in SC is they are better then NC ;)