PDA

View Full Version : rocker switch covers

Wahoo
01-22-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm looking for switch covers for a few of the rocker switches on my '01 Liberty. I guess they could be called safety switch covers to put over switches that I don't want to accidentally turn on , like macerator, gen start, or tank dump. I've seen some for lever switches that are hinged at the top so you have to flip up the cover before you can flip the switch. Anyone seen these anywhere?

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
01-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Have you tried looking in the Newark catalog? Go to www.newark.com You should be able to find them there. (Per Ed)
Sandy

Hope this helps.

truk4u
01-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Buzz,

That was a strange looking 97 Royale you had at TGO!:p

I looked at the site Ed posted and if you haven't found the cover, here it is:

http://www.newark.com/eaton/8497k1/switch-guard/dp/23F145?in_merch=Popular[/url] Switch Components&in_merch=Popular Products&MER=PPSO_N_C_SwitchComponents_None

Enjoyed dinner with you, your brother, Eric and the ladies, hope we can do it another time soon.

Wahoo
01-24-2011, 04:05 PM
That's the type thing I'm looking for, but those look like they are made for toggle switches not rockers. I'll look into if I could modify them.

That was a good dinner. Hope to see you soon. Thought I'd changed my profile a while back. Thanks

johnbrowder
01-24-2011, 04:35 PM
I'd call Liberty parts... you never know.

Jon Wehrenberg
01-25-2011, 06:29 AM
The Elegant Lady I have uses push button switches with covers on circuits that may create a problem if accidently activated. However on the Classics I have seen there does not appear to be any provision for a cover on the rocker switches that look like those supplied by Prevost.

If I had to make those circuits less prone to accidental activation I think I would consider installing a time delay relay in each of the circuits so it would require several seconds of switch activation before the circuit is energized. Examples of the devices that have protective covers on my bus are the Webasto, Macerator, port dump, generator start (already has a time delay), and bed lift. I'll would guess every circuit that might benefit from a protective cover is a momentary contact switch.

I have never seen a safety cover for the Prevost style rocker switches.

Wahoo
01-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks all, I'll keep looking and let you know if I find something.