PDA

View Full Version : New Member J Kelley

jkplustax
01-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Good site, good information, good folks. I'm new. Wife and myself live in Jasper Al. We have 06 H3-45.
I posted an inquiry about shock replacement. Not sure where it went. I would be interested in receiving any information from you guys about replacement brands, initial settings, etc.

Thanks,

J Kelley

jack14r
01-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I installed Koni shocks on mine last year and set them to the stiffest setting,I can't tell you how much improvement they were,the coach corners much flatter and does not wander anymore.The OEM shocks are only good for 35-40K miles,IMHO they are junk.

garyde
01-18-2011, 09:50 PM
I recently had Prevost install Koni shocks on the front. I do feel a difference, especially on bridges and rolling roads.

jkplustax
01-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the fast replies on shocks.

Jim Skiff
01-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Jack started this thread on the subject earlier: http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?5026-Koni-Shocks&highlight=koni

Jon Wehrenberg
01-19-2011, 09:56 AM
J Kelley, welcome to this asylum we call POG. Truk will soon post how he wants you to add a signature line. He will do that in his PJs as soon as he wakes up. That is usually around noon.

My job is to advise you this is the place to ask questions, but to not expect correct answers. You will always get lots of answers, but those that are actually correct are few and far between.

As a new member, and because your question brought some answers you are now obligated to buy us all expensive gifts. My preference today would be for something simple yet elegant, like a new Rolex.

Welcome aboard.

BTW, if you are looking for ways to spend money and improve your coach, especially if it is new to you I would urge you get out and use your coach a lot because it thrives on use, not sitting, and to develop a comprehensive preventive maintenance schedule that anticipates the need to replace items that age out, and maintains the filters and fluids as needed based on how you use the coach.