PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bathrooms in Prevosts

win42
11-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Has anyone seen a layout on a Prevost with a rear bathroom. Newells have them as a regular feature. Most of our buses are set up for two people. It makes real sense to me to put it behind the bedroom. Our bathrooms are stuck out there for God and everybody to see. It's a private place and should be hid behind the bedroom. Take a look at a newell floor plan.

Now if this doesn't open up a can of worms, nothing will. And if it had a floor drain some people would be real happy. ( no names please )

Harry

Sting
11-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Marathon offers it on their Georgetown floorplan on their H3 3 slide layout.

garyde
11-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Was that Marathon a Bath and a half? I think I saw that floor Plan at the last FMCA Rally in Pomoa last Spring. I do not remember if it was two W/C,s or just Two Sink areas.

lewpopp
11-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Jerry would like a rear bathroom with a rear window in it so he could immitate Groucho with the cigar when he mooned everyone.

Go for it Jerry !!!!

Lew

Sting
11-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Was that Marathon a Bath and a half? I think I saw that floor Plan at the last FMCA Rally in Pomoa last Spring. I do not remember if it was two W/C,s or just Two Sink areas.

It has 2 commodes and the shower and sink and other commode are in the back. I can be seen on their website.

Joe Cannarozzi
11-05-2006, 03:32 AM
Our camper is a rear bath, and a rear gally as well, there is also a head directly behind the driver that someone removed the toilet someware down the road.

It now makes a great closet.

If we ever get ahead of the curve we might reinstall a toilet, the least expensive massifier toilet I found is about 700 bucks, if the closet were litterelly 1 1/2 inches wider a stackable washer and dryer would be going there.

When we bought our bus it was a VIP and we intended to redo and move everything around, windows and all. Debbie suggested we try to work with what we had first. It was done professionally, very well, and the savings of time and money might be worth it. Im glad we did. Our bed is mid-ship curb side. When im driving Debbie can Lay on the bed and for one shes much closer to me, and its quieter, smoother, and not near as warm as the bed in the rear. This makes the floor plan a little unorthadox but we havent found it to be inconvienent at all. Instead of putting a wall up next to the bed we have a loovered wood partition breaking up the living room and bedroom. The bus is for Debbie and me only, usually, and it works great!

I love it when a plan comes togeather like that:rolleyes:

Another plus of a rear bath, like Win42 is describing, combined with a normal floor plan, is the bathroom does not have to accomadate an isle and therefore the bathroom is the full width of the bus and you also get your closet your washer/dryer and bath combined in one spot.

rmboies
11-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Harry,

When we were at the POGI rally in Florida we took a day to go and visit with our friends in Clearwater. Of course you can't go to Clearwater without visiting Parliament. Steve Mitchell is a very nice guy and gave us a personal tour of all the coaches on site. A Prevost American conversion had a bathroom design just like the one you mentioned--complete bath in the rear, small toilet up front for guests. Bob and I both liked the floorplan.

One of his pet peeves is entering a coach and being able to look down the aisleway and see the shower doors--I have no idea why this bothers him but it does:D I would venture a guess that if we put Corona Kelly in that shower he would change his mind--LOL No war from our side of the fence, we think it is a good idea.

Debi and Bob--00

Kevin Erion
11-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Harry,
A floor drain would be great when cleaning the carpet!
Kevin

Ben
11-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Coach number 777 (a tripple slide H3-45) at Marathon (it's currently on their used page) has a rear bath. It was made for a race car driver who used it for a while before trading up to a newer one.

http://www.marathoncoach.com/preowned/inventory_detail.cfm?id=441&coach=0777 ("http://www.marathoncoach.com/preowned/inventory_detail.cfm?id=441&coach=0777")

http://www.marathoncoach.com/images2/0777%20em%20bath.jpg

It's not very common in XLs because the engine creates a hump in the rear that prevents you from having a flat, non elevated floor. I've only seem them on H3's and I don't really want to know how they plumbed it... I'd like to toilet to be plumbed right to the black tank instead of hanging it over the engine and doing a bunch of complex pipe.

Joe Cannarozzi
11-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Ben, on our bus the Toilet, at the rear, has in its base a 24volt starter motor that is coupled to a blender, of sorts, that "massafies" and pumps the deposit 10 or 12 Ft. forward to the tank in the rear bay.

In our other campers sometimes a "anaconda" deposited by my grandson would ocaisonally block things while dumping. With this toilet its a "milk shake" before it ever gets to the tank. The drain plumming is nothing out of the ordinary.

Add a closet to that bathroom all the way at the rear with a revolving rod over the motor to that floorplan above and you nail it.

lewpopp
11-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Ben

Shame on you for spelling triple with 2 ps. You're the one we are following down the road to technology and education. Please don't get on me for my errors because I have thin skin.

Joe

The process of chewing shit up is done with a maserater. It masticates, ask Ben.:p

Lew

merle&louise
11-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Harry:

Our Newell has the rear bath and a half bath amidships. We love it; the front bathroom is great for tailgating because friends aren't walking thru our bedroom to get to the bathroom. Also, when we have guests sleeping over on the foldout Villa sofas, they have their own private bathroom.

The rear bath is as you stated the full width of the coach, and it houses the stacked washer/dryer, closets, and dressing area.

As you know, rear baths are nothing new in RVs. I remember renting an Allegro in the late 70s that had one. Everyone's tastes are different, but I'm with you, I like 'em.:D

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Just in case someone is really interested in a Bath and 1/2 Prevost, Florida Luxury Coaches has a 2002 Vantare Super Slide with just such an accomadation.

http://www.floridaluxurycoach.com/pocoach/entries.php?comments=75

:cool: The pictures on their web site don't show it well, but I spoke with Chuck yesterday and he confirmed it. They are asking $695K :confused:

I guess Peg is just going to have to get a Second Job, or we are never getting into one of these, ( don't tell her I said that ) ?:eek: