PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Defroster

grantracy
01-12-2011, 07:22 AM
We recently had occasion to use the dash air/heat being (not much call for it down here)anyway I was unable to turn off the windshield defrost mode (resulting in warm air on the windshield and IFR conditions) spoke with Prevost rep who advised there is no way to disable this function...is this a fact?

wayne
01-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Good question Granvil.....ours acts the same.
No matter which mode position we select, the defrost never stops.
Anxious to hear what others have to say about it.

Loc
01-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Granvil,

I don't know if it is a fact, but it is my experience. With both my XL and XLII if the dash air conditioning / heat is on it is blowing out of the defrost vents as well. The XLII is worse than the XL as more air goes on the windsheild than out the dash vents.

Loc

dreamchasers
01-12-2011, 09:53 AM
I agree with Loc. My XL does not have a method for adjusting the defrost air volume. I modified the ducting discharge to reduce the flow to the defrost and increase the flow to the vents.

I had to remove dash panels to access the blower system. After I figured out how the ducting ran, I partially blocked the duct going to the defrost. I rate it as a PIB 5 task to do, but the results were satisfactory.

Hector

GDeen
01-12-2011, 11:23 AM
With the OTR going this can really cause a problem when you drive through a rainstorm or at nightfall on a warm humid day. Super chilled windscreen will flash to water covered windscreen (exterior).

JIM KELLER
01-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Granvil, Same on our Bus. Karen keeps a towel that matches the dash color on each side to cover the defrost vent when needed. Pretty high tech huh.

grantracy
01-13-2011, 08:15 AM
I didnt ask Prevost the logic behind thedesign ...maybe better we dont know

charlesebrownjr
01-13-2011, 05:49 PM
:)Hey Jim, Don't call them towels. If your going to be high tech, call them duct or vent covers!!!!!!!!!!

JIM KELLER
01-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Good Idea Charles, Duct Covers they are !