PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a specific type/style bus

michaeldterry
01-11-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm helping a friend who wants to buy a Prevost conversion and am having the hardest time coming up with available buses that match his criteria. So, out of desperation, I'm appealing to the brain trust of POG for assistance. What I'm trying to locate are available/for sale used H3-45 conversions with 2 heads (toilets) in the model range from mid 1990's to early 2000's.

For some reason, my friend is totally set on the H3 chassis and insists on two bathrooms. In his defense, he does have a specific use purpose in mind that would support one of his business ventures. If any of you are aware of any H3-45 conversions from say 1994 to 2003, please let me know the details and where it can be found. He's ambivalent on bunks/no bunks, so entertainer or star coach configurations will be considered as long as it has two bathrooms and is built on an H3 chassis.

I hope one or more of you can help me pull a rabbit out of the hat for this guy! He's got serious PMD and is ready to buy. We've just got to find "the one".

merle&louise
01-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Michael,

I think that Featherlite built a bus with 2 bathrooms at one time. I haven't seen one advertised in a while.

Maybe if you would look on the Featherlite/Vantare website.

truk4u
01-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Michael,

Please hook him up with our Sponsors.

michaeldterry
01-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Michael,

Please hook him up with our Sponsors.

Tom - I'd love to! I've got to find one that has a bus that meets his desired specs first! (re: H3-45, 2 heads, 1994-2003)

Loc
01-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Michael,

If I remember correctly, Bonnie and Donald have an 05 H3 Featherlite with a bath and a half (2 heads). However, based on the years your friend is looking for he is probably going to have to focus on entertainers as I don't think the converters started the 2 heads are better than 1 movement until the mid 2000's.

Loc

kenrobertson
01-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Michael - I just got a bus that sounds perfect - 1999 - 45' - bath and a half - series 60 - It's my stock # 126 on www.luxurycoachbrokers.com - I don't remember if it's an H or not, but it belongs to a world famous POG member, and it doesn't have any stainless, must be an H ?.........PLUS, it's a double slide and a mid entry, which is very desirable if it's to be used in business. Just trying to help.

Ken

michaeldterry
01-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Michael - I just got a bus that sounds perfect - 1999 - 45' - bath and a half - series 60 - It's my stock # 126 on www.luxurycoachbrokers.com (http://www.luxurycoachbrokers.com) - I don't remember if it's an H or not, but it belongs to a world famous POG member, and it doesn't have any stainless, must be an H ?.........PLUS, it's a double slide and a mid entry, which is very desirable if it's to be used in business. Just trying to help.

Ken

Ken - thanks very much for stepping up with the suggestion. However, the bus you pointed me to is a Newell and Jeff is set on a Prevost H3 with a bath and a half. I appreciate the effort, though!

TerryM
01-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Michael,

I am just finishing the buying process. I looked at all the 2001 to 1995 H3's (and everything else) I could find. I don't remember seeing an H3 with more than one toilet. Email (terrylmillard@gmail.com) me if you'd like me to email you my list - 17 H3-45 and 3 H3-40. The list includes links to each unit.

Ray Davis
01-12-2011, 08:21 PM
I think that entertainer coaches are likely to be your best bet with 2 baths.

merle&louise
01-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Michael,

Is this what Jeff is looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Prevost-Luxury-Motorcoach-/180611675316?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item2a0d4b74b4

michaeldterry
01-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Michael,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Prevost-Luxury-Motorcoach-/180611675316?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item2a0d4b74b4

Tuga - that's EXACTLY what he's seeking! Unfortunately, that partricular one may be too new/expensive for Jeff's budget, but I've forwarded it to him for his consideration. I'd rather he see it and reject or pursue it on it's merits rather than just assume that his stated year model/budget specs were firm! Thanks for coming up with this one!

michaeldterry
01-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Michael,

Tuga - I just heard from Jeff and he's quite interested in the bus you found on eBay! He's actually in Orlando this week and is going to call about the bus today to see if he can arrange to see it! I'm glad you suggested it and that I sent it to him! Thanks again!

merle&louise
01-13-2011, 10:55 AM
You're welcome Michael, that bus has one of the most beautiful paint jobs I have ever seen. Hope Jeff can get together with the seller on price.

Russell Coachworks
01-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Michael - keep me updated as to if your friend goes with the coach that Tuga found. If not, I will check around in the entertainer world and see if there is an H that fits the description and specs that your friend is looking for. I will go ahead and start checking a few obvious places and see what I can come up with. You can send me an email to keep me updated about your friend's journey!
Wendy Russell
Russell Coachworks

michaeldterry
01-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Michael - keep me updated as to if your friend goes with the coach that Tuga found. If not, I will check around in the entertainer world and see if there is an H that fits the description and specs that your friend is looking for. I will go ahead and start checking a few obvious places and see what I can come up with. You can send me an email to keep me updated about your friend's journey!
Wendy Russell
Russell Coachworks

Wendy - e-mail headed your way!

Ray Davis
01-15-2011, 05:12 PM
One thing, tell him to be cautious. I've heard of Ebay sales where the people don't actually own the bus. They get a deposit and are gone. Probably not the case here, but I see an Ebay seller with zero points, and I worry, just a little bit.

Ray

michaeldterry
01-15-2011, 07:35 PM
One thing, tell him to be cautious. I've heard of Ebay sales where the people don't actually own the bus. They get a deposit and are gone. Probably not the case here, but I see an Ebay seller with zero points, and I worry, just a little bit.

Ray

Good advice, Ray! In this particular case, Jeff has talked to the owner by phone and was going to see the bus in person in the Orlando area this week (haven't heard back from him yet). I actually bought my current bus from an eBay listing, but no money changed hands until I went to inspect the bus in person and pick it up.

Sawbonz
01-27-2011, 07:08 PM
So what happened?

michaeldterry
01-28-2011, 04:07 AM
So what happened?

Karl - Unfortunately, Jeff couldn't coordinate a viewing with the owner while on his Florida trip - their respective schedules just wouldn't allow it. However, it's still under consideration and, in the meantime, I've actually located two additional contenders that Jeff will be considering.

Sawbonz
01-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Karl - Unfortunately, Jeff couldn't coordinate a viewing with the owner while on his Florida trip - their respective schedules just wouldn't allow it. However, it's still under consideration and, in the meantime, I've actually located two additional contenders that Jeff will be considering.

What he wants is not far off from what I want. I like the coach shown here on eBay too, but I think the Marathon looks better fit together. Is that PC to say?