PDA

View Full Version : Roof Deck

Joe Cannarozzi
11-04-2006, 06:59 AM
For Sale Or Trade

The hand rails on the deck fold down and remain on the roof. The ladder breaks down into 3 pieces and is stowed in the front bay. I dont mind this option but Debbie does not like it, in fact she has never been up there, she is a little afraid of heights. Its all S.S. accept for aluminum diamond plate platform. Can dismantle and deliver if nessasary.

Ben
11-04-2006, 04:11 PM
A few questions about your rooftop deck:

How tall is it when collapsed?

What would it take to install it on another coach?

How long does it take to setup/collapse?

Any idea how much you want to get for it?

What is the width and length of the platform?

Any idea how much it weighs?

Where is it located?

Joe Cannarozzi
11-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Ben, Thank you for the inquiry.

Our bus is a 40 Ft XL 102 wide, an 86.

The hight on ours is 13-3.

You have to understand to answer the question how to remove and install, well, Although I havent ever done this job I would not hesitate to take it on.I would call some manufacturers, talk to a tech. I would also remove a piece of skirting, on the side of the platform, and take a look. This will not be hard to remove from ours, in my opinion, or reinstall either, DEPENDING on whats on the roof and where. With the depth of the combined knowledge and recorces in this club I think another bus could be modified, if nessasary, and put on correctly. My biggest hurtle is usually finding volenteers to help:rolleyes:

NOT RUSHING It takes about 10 Min. to get the ladder out of the bay, its 3 pieces, and attatch it to the side of the bus. the hand rails go up in 2 Min. You pull them up and put in the locking pins.

We have been told by 2 salesmen Bob Dingle and another fellow, Marty Ryme"The Busman" that it is a 20K+ option for a new bus and if we wanted to get rid of it It to ask10 or 12. We will be happy with 10 or something we feel of equal value.

Its 21Ft. by 8Ft. The outer edge is just inside that top rail above the windows.

I have no idea what it weighs, GUESSING, less than 1000LB.

We live in Chicago and we will be in the Fla. Keys for the month of January.

The ladder is VERY STRONG we had a friend 240+ shimmy up and it didnt give at all.

If we cant sell it Ill put 110A/C, phone and TV Jacks up there. I also picture a awning over the front 1/2 or 2/3. A standard round patio table and chairs fits with enough room to walk around and that takes up about 1/3 of the deck. Our bus has a rear gally with a LARGE square sky light/ hatch that also accepts an additional ladder to climb out from the kitchen.

It could REALLY use a "device" to hoist up things, especially beverages. I got a bunch of :cool: ideas, Ill save them:rolleyes:

If we find a buyer we will turn it into awnings and also update our ceiling with something more modern.

Joe Cannarozzi
11-05-2006, 02:25 PM
A few more pictures.