PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and ?minor conversion repairs near LA or San Diego?

S Purcell
01-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Hi POGs,

We are the new owners of a 1996 XL Angola. Every day we thank our lucky stars and the people who took exquisite care of the coach, Folmer and Vera.

Tomorrow we go to San Diego. We wanted to be near Swami's Beach in Encinitas but couldn't find accomodations for a 45'er. Any suggestions? Something north of SD? South? Anywhere?

Thanks a lot for this and for the forum,

Blue Blazes

S Purcell
01-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Oops, subject line doesn't match content. Hope the webmaster wasn't watching.
Sorry for the confusion,

BB

Ray Davis
01-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Chula Vista RV park is a great place and just minutes south of San Diego.

Ray

S Purcell
01-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks, Ray. Good to meet another night owl.
Will try to put a picture of Blue Blazes up soon.
Susan
1996 XL Angola
1996 Town & Country toad

PS I just noticed that I am a "Senior Member." ha ha
We just bought our first Prevost a couple months ago.

michaeldterry
01-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Welcome to POG and the joys of Prevost ownership, Susan!

S Purcell
01-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Thank you, Michael~! That's a beautiful bus in your signature.

I am loving this life.

Susan

michaeldterry
01-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Thank you, Michael~! That's a beautiful bus in your signature.

I am loving this life.

Susan

Thank you, Susan! That's my "other woman", as my wife says! :) More pictures of her here in my POG picture albums: http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/album.php?albumid=8&attachmentid=6364

craiglenz
01-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi Susan,

I too am a new Angola owner. Mine is a 96 as well. Send me a personal email with your address as Im sure we will want to keep in touch and share our learning experiences. My coach came from Las Vegas and in one of the drawers I found a Chula Vista RV Park map so it appears my coach has been there before and its a 45. Ive only had it for a few months and am in the Los Angeles area right now. Maybe we will meet up somewhere along the road soon.

Bye for now,

Craig

Loc
01-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Blazes,

Welcome to POG. If you are looking for a nice park north of San Diego, I would suggest Escondido RV Resort (www.escondidorv.com). We have stayed in Escondido a couple of times to be close to Legoland. The park has paved streets and sites and nice landscaping. It is just off of I-15 in Escondido. The park has an upper and lower section. You need to make sure they give you a space in the upper portion of the park as the lower portion sites are too short to comfortably fit a 45 foot bus.

Loc