PDA

View Full Version : Jay Faires youtube.com videos

hobobimmer
01-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Howdy all POG members. Many of you know our son Jay. Many of you know he has a CD out and have heard his CD. He is trying to write some songs now, and wants to create another CD next summer. Jay's first public performance of "Good Life Blues" (which he wrote) is now up on youtube.com/jaysfaires. It's a black and white video, and we the parents are very proud. We hope you enjoy it.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

michaeldterry
01-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Very, very impressive! Having spent 23 years as a touring professional drummer, I love seeing/hearing talented young musicians coming up! Jay has all the attributes required for a successful and fulfilling career in music. I have no doubt that he'll be a phenomenal success at whatever path and/or genre he chooses - performance, writing/arranging, producing or a combination of all disciplines - there are many paths he can take to capitalize and leverage his obvious talent and love for the craft! I'm going to enjoy watching him mature and progress over the next several years as he hones his talent and chooses the direction that suits him best! Congratulations Jay! Eric and Deb - I KNOW you are bursting with pride!

hobobimmer
01-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Michael:

Thanks for such kind words about Jay's music. I don't think i've yet made this offer on POG, but Debbie and I are trying to share Jay's music with the world, and especially our friends from POG. We gave out many copy's of Jay's first CD at Kerrville Rally, but since not all POG members were there, not everyone who might have wanted one would yet have one.

So, if you want a copy of Jay's CD, sent me a Private Message through this forum with your name and address, and we'll mail you one FOR FREE. The 14 song CD is all cover songs, with a band list as follows: Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top, Bob Dylan, AC/DC, Eric Clapton, Chuck Berry, Tom Petty, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Bill Monroe, and Van Halen. There are four acoustic guitar songs with Jay singing, and the rest incorporate electric guitar, bass guitar, drums, and Jay singing. Jay plays every instrument on the album, so there is no "band" as you would normally expect.

And he has another original song, titled "Time," up on you tube. If you don't know how to use you tube, just type in "youtube.com/jaysfaires" and all his songs should show up. There's also a cool version of Norman Blake's "Church Street Blues" up, and a fun version of "Alabama Jubilee."

Enjoy, and send us your Private Message if you want the free CD, titled "Huntsville City Limit."

Thanks.

Eric Faires

michaeldterry
01-28-2011, 03:59 AM
Eric - what a generous offer! To my fellow POG members - Do yourself a favor and avail yourself of Eric's kind offer of a free CD. You'll be glad you did! Jay is a talent not to be missed and the CD has something for everybody! As I said in another post, this is sure to become a collector's item once Jay is a famous Billboard Chart topping, Platinum selling artist in a few years! You'll enjoy having "Huntsville City Limit" in your bus CD player to listen to rolling down the road. We do!

On another topic: Eric - while I was wearing my Sonny Barger T-shirt the other day out and about on honey-do errands, I had no fewer than 5 people comment on it and/or ask where I got it! Thanks again!