PDA

View Full Version : Free T-shirt for one lucky winner from Eric Faires

hobobimmer
01-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Good morning and Happy New Year from Debbie, Jay, and Eric Faires in Huntsville, TN.

Here is what I have. A red, size XL T-shirt, free to the winner of my "contest."

I have a very nice "Sonny Barger Cave Creek Cycles" t-shirt. To win this t-shirt (I will pay postage to any address in the lower 48), you must:

1. Tell me who Sonny Barger is, or what he is very well known for.
2. Enjoy wearing t-shirts and believe you would enjoy wearing a "Sonny Barger Cave Creek Cycles" t-shirt, in XL size.
3. NOT have to look up Sonny Barger on Google or other search engine in order to win the "contest." You have to know who he is based on info already in your brain.

I look forward to your participation. Thank you.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

aggies09
01-01-2011, 10:16 AM
New year's trivia. I feel like I might learn something new today.

Happy new year to our friends in east TN. I hope you enjoyed having Jay home for a few days.

Let the answers flow.

michaeldterry
01-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Sonny Barger is an iconic leader of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club who founded the Oakland, CA Hells Angels chapter.

hobobimmer
01-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Michael D. Terry's guess is correct on who Sonny Barger is. Now Michael, did you meet the #2 and #3 requirements, also?

2. Enjoy wearing t-shirts and believe you would enjoy wearing a "Sonny Barger Cave Creek Cycles" t-shirt, in XL size.
3. NOT have to look up Sonny Barger on Google or other search engine in order to win the "contest." You have to know who he is based on info already in your brain.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

aggies09
01-01-2011, 10:48 AM
So where is Cave Creek as part of this trivia session?

Jon Wehrenberg
01-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I can personally vouch for #2 for Michael.

hobobimmer
01-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Happy New Year to our Abilene friends. We hope all of Christmas time has been good for you guys with daughters home from Aggie land. We have really enjoyed having Jay at home for a couple of weeks. We missed his drumming and guitar playing. We've played guitar together a bit, and it sure does make me sound a lot better than when I play by myself.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

michaeldterry
01-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Michael D. Terry's guess is correct on who Sonny Barger is. Now Michael, did you meet the #2 and #3 requirements, also?

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

Yep - Sonny Barger was one of my heroes growing up and 95% of my wardrobe is t-shirts (as Jon can attest)! :D

hobobimmer
01-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Tony Conder asked, "So where is Cave Creek as part of this trivia session?"

Well, it used to be (don't know if it's still in business) at 10637 N. Cave Creek Rd., Unit 3, Phoenix, AZ 85020, phone 602.861.3974. Sonny Barger owned a shop in Phoenix, and once while on a business trip in Phoenix, I drove by his shop and recognized the Sonny Barger name. Thought I should buy the t-shirt for this motorcycle shop visit. He was in there.

Eric Faires

hobobimmer
01-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Yep - Sonny Barger was one of my heroes growing up and 95% of my wardrobe is t-shirts (as Jon can attest)! :D

Michael:

Congrats. Please send me a Private Message or an email with your mailing address and I'll put the t-shirt in the mail (plus a copy of our son Jay's new CD). Thanks for participating. Looks like we could not have found a more worthy contest winner.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

michaeldterry
01-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Michael:

Congrats. Please send me a Private Message or an email with your mailing address and I'll put the t-shirt in the mail (plus a copy of our son Jay's new CD). Thanks for participating. Looks like we could not have found a more worthy contest winner.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

Thank you, Eric! I'll wear it proudly and will surely enjoy listening to Jay's CD! PM on the way!

michaeldterry
01-06-2011, 09:58 PM
The t-shirt and CD arrived this afternoon. Very cool! I'm actually going to wear the shirt tomorrow and I can't wait to listen to Jay's CD! Thank you very much to the Faires!

phorner
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Michael,

Wait 'till you listen to that CD....

All I can say is WOW !!!

Jay rocks!

Not only is he an exceptionally talented musician, he is also a great guy.

michaeldterry
01-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Michael,

Wait 'till you listen to that CD....

All I can say is WOW !!!

Jay rocks!

Not only is he an exceptionally talented musician, he is also a great guy.

I subscribed to Jay's YouTube channel a while back and have been enjoying his videos, so I'm already familiar with his exceptional talent! I suspect we'll be seeing his name on the Billboard charts in the coming years!

michaeldterry
01-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I had the opportunity today to sit down and listen to Jay Faires' debut CD, Huntsville City Limit. The CD is a collection of 14 covers of some of Jay's favorite songs spanning across several genres and periods. The most amazing thing is that Jay plays lead and rhythm guitar, bass, drums, and provides the vocals on the whole CD, as well. There is nothing on this CD that gives away Jay's tender age of 13 years as all tracks are solidly and professionally performed and produced to present a slick package of enjoyable music. On Huntsville City Limit, there is something for everyone!

I truly believe that many, if not all, POG members would thoroughly enjoy this CD and want to suggest that Eric and/or Jay post information in the appropriate forum category (Parts and Pieces for Sale & Trade?) on how members can obtain their very own copy of what is sure to become a valuable collector item when Jay is a famous musician!

You guys/gals need to listen to this young musical phenom! You'll be amazed at his talent and musical maturity at such a young age. Remember, you heard it here first! :cool: