PDA

View Full Version : How Does the Prevost Suspension System Work?

dreamchasers
12-31-2010, 02:27 PM
How Does the Prevost Suspension Work??

Hector Duplichen, "dreamchasers" (that would be me) has developed an upgraded "virtual classroom" demonstration concerning the Prevost suspension system. The intent is to offer POG members the opportunity to log on to a remote web hosted system to provide a demonstration/instructional session dedicated to the Prevost suspension system operation, troubleshooting and component functionality. We will Webex as the hosting system. Webex allows users to logon to a hosted computer demonstration, essentially, screen sharing and using voice over IP (VoIP, internet) to communicate. And all this from the comfort of your home.

Members will be sent an instructional email when a requested time slot has been scheduled. Simply follow the instructional email. (Please register for the session ASAP when you recieve the link from me! If you have issues, we will have time to work through them before session time.) The webex system is very easy to use, with many features. During the session, we will spend the first 5 minutes explaining the features of Webex for ease of use. Then, we will discuss the Prevost Suspension System.

The experience will be much better if you have a dedicated headset, with a microphone. I highly, highly (Almost a requirement to use VOIP!) recommend a headset with a microphone (headset and a separate microphone will work.) that plugs into your computer. This will be the process that is used for voice communications. A headset, with a microphone (mine is a $9.95 headset from Wal-Mart), is highly recommended for use during the session to hear and ask questions during the presentation. I also use my Blackberry headset, it works great. If you do not have a microphone, you will not be able to ask questions.

I have contacted Jim Skiff, POG owner/operator of the POG site, in regards to this benefit for POG members and he strongly supports the sessions. This material was covered at a POG rally in Sevierville, Tn a few years back. I have added a few more informational features and of course, the remote login.

To begin this process, the "virtual class" will be open to 5 participants at a time (test run).
At the appointed time, simply click the link in the email sent Webex after you registered and follow the instructions to get logged on to the "virtual classroom".

Use of this technology works better with broadband (high speed) internet connections. Remember, we will be using screen sharing and audio using our internet connection.

I will open the session 10 minutes early to help members get logged on (You should have the Webex viewer software loaded and operating before this time. Click the provided link in the email from me for instructions.) For the POG members, it will be as simple as viewing a web page. The training session will start at the appointed time! If any member has consistent trouble logging on, simply request another session date. You will need to download Webex's viewer software to share view my computer screen.

The topic will cover the Prevost suspension for the XLV series coaches and components. It is my understanding that the suspension systems are similar in all of the Prevost line of coaches. Perhaps these sessions can bring forward the differences.

We will start out with two sessions a week (Sessions will be given Wednesday and Sunday evening, 7:00pm, CST, starting Jan. 05, 2011, Wednesday, 7:00pm CST. The last session will be Sunday, Jan. 30, 2011), unless interest dictates schedule changes. All times will be Central Standard Time, CST. The session in intended to include an open question and answer session. One hour is estimated as the time for the demonstration and questions session.

Remember, this is a volunteered training session. By bringing expertise together of many members, a greater understanding of these systems will be had.

This is offered as a free, non commercial product in this setting, as well as, web access to/from http://www.texasdrifters.net website. Offering this product in any form by others is prohibited, without the expressed written permission of the owner. (For you lawyers out there.)

Signup is easy and use of the technology is easier. Request a session time using this post, simply respond to post and include your desired date and I will post a list of the five members selected by "first come, first serve" basis for a particular date. I will communicate with the individual member using the PM feature of the forum. Once you are scheduled, be sure to check the notification area for instructional posts from me. Click here to see the latest schedule updates(http://www.texasdrifters.net/pog/pog suspension schedule.pdf). I will update this file daily when members request a time slot. Remember, the goal is to keep it simple!

If you need assistance with computer setup before the session time, include a contact telephone number using the private message system in the forum so we can setup a time to work through your issues. Webex will prompt you to download sever applications that will be needed to share my desktop. Webex is very easy to use and fun, and brings unlimited opportunities for collaboration of a multitude of topics. You will only needed to download software from Webex. You will not be charged any fees from Webex. Do not enroll in webex, only download the software.

Again, sessions will be held every Wednesday and Sunday, 7:00 pm, CST, in the month of January, 2011. I hope these training sessions help with the mysteries of the Prevost suspension system.

I will need your name and email address in order to email the needed information for Webex logon. After you are scheduled, you will receive a PM from me asking for contact information from the member.

Hector

Jon Wehrenberg
12-31-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm going to chime in here (I just spoke to Hector about his program) to encourage anyone interested in learning the logic behind the suspension system on our buses.

First, Hector has put together for previous seminars a power point presentation that absolutely took the mystery out of how that suspension works. It may not be available now due to technology changes, but his program he is offering now is a substitute for that. The suspensions (there are three that share an air supply and a valve) scare folks because they are perceived to be complex, but Hector can and will take the mystery out of it and reveal the systems as logical and easily understood.

Don't hesitate to take advantage of what Hector is offering. You will not regret it.

michaeldterry
12-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Hector - this is an incredible opportunity and I'm anxious to take advantage of the offering! I'd like to get in on either the 1/5 or 1/8 session, but will make myself available for whatever date is available! Having just picked up up my bus from a complete suspension overhaul yesterday - this is timely for us!

My e-mail address is: michael_terry@comcast.net

Thank you! I'll await further instructions via e-mail.

rahangman
12-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Jan 12 is my request. , Email is rahangman@yahoo.com, and home phone is 720-212-0795....cell is 870-350-1032....

rmboies
12-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Hector, thanks for sharing this with all of us. I would like to request Sunday, Jan.23. My direct email is rmboies@msn.com

Bob

wayne
12-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Hector generously spent 2 hours on the computer with me today, going through this wonderful and enlightening presentation.
As a relatively new bus owner and POG member, his presentation has helped me tremendously.

Thank you Hector for all your help....I'm forever grateful.

dreamchasers
12-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Hector generously spent 2 hours on the computer with me today, going through this wonderful and enlightening presentation.
As a relatively new bus owner and POG member, his presentation has helped me tremendously.

Thank you Hector for all your help....I'm forever grateful.

Wayne,

Thanks for your kind comments. I enjoyed the chat, and I am glad that the demonstration helped.

I have updated the schedule with the members that have requested a time slot. Members should receive an email from me 3-4 days before your scheduled time with instructions on how to log on. Webex will prompt you for automatic software downloads. Please do not hesitate to install the Webex player as soon as you receive the link and let me know if you have problems. I will help. My cell in 936-328-7881, call if you have problems.

Hector

http://www.texasdrifters.net/pog/pog%20suspension%20schedule.pdf

Charles Spera
01-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Hector,
I surely could use this help. I would like to request Jan 12. My email is spera@voyager.net

Alan__
01-01-2011, 07:50 AM
I would also like to take advantage of your great offer. Put me down for the Jan. 05 session. alanhann@me.com

aggies09
01-01-2011, 10:43 AM
What an opportunity. Please register me for the Jan 23rd session. Thanks for your efforts to educate.

325-692-9141 / tconder@condercompany.com

dreamchasers
01-01-2011, 10:56 AM
The schedule has been updated. If you have requested a scheduled time slot, please check the schedule link below to assure your name is posted. Again, you will receive and instructional email be me 3-4 days before your scheduled session.

Thus, far those scheduled for Jan 5, should have received their invitation email.

Hector

Larry W
01-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I would like Jan. 5. Email plvolunteers@aol.com, home phone 970-240-0587, cell 970-275-3533. If Jan 5 won't work Jan 9 or Jan 30. Will be traveling 10 - 29.

dreamchasers
01-01-2011, 05:17 PM
I have updated the schedule. Check out the link below.

Hector

Dallas Cates
01-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Hector,

Sounds like a good opportunity that cannot be passed up. Please sign me up for the January 16 session. dhcates@msn.com Cell# 253-297-8176

Dallas

johnklopp
01-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Hector,
I sounds like a great oppertunity to learn the suspensin oper. and maint. I would like to request Jan 5th if a slot is still avaliable.
John

johnklopp@yahoo.com

RonAltman
01-02-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't have a Prevost in the driveway as of yet, but the more I learn about them now, the better off I will be when the day comes. If there is room for a non-owner (as of yet) to attend, I would love to take part in the Wed, Jan 26th event?
Ron Altman
321-268-8161
rla23430@yahoo.com

hhoppe
01-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Hector: First, thank you for offering this valuable service to us POG members. I would like to be included on Januay 9th.
Harry Hoppe
530-273-9124
hhoppe34@att.net

dreamchasers
01-02-2011, 05:51 PM
The schedule has been updated. Scheduled members, please check to assure I have scheduled members correctly.

Please contact me if changes are needed.

Hector

LNDYCHT
01-05-2011, 09:25 PM
GREAT JOB!!!

Just completed Hectors presentation on suspension systems. I believe that there is something to be learned here by everybody. Presentation was excellent with loads of useful information. If you haven't signed up you should its an hour well spent.

Many thanks to Hector Duplichen for a job well done!

johnklopp
01-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Prevost suspension training class. Hector has done an impressive job of putting the system into bite size chunks and driving home the point of proper stands if you are under your bus. The newly gained knowledge has defiantly enhanced my understanding and trouble shooting ability. His presentation not only described how the system works in great detail but also isolated the air flow to various components with an interactive display. Even the movement of the Norgren 3 and 5 way valves was clearly shown. This class will go a long way to eliminate the ease at which some shops may take advantage of you. In some cases you may actually understand the system better than the technician. I strongly recommend you invest an hour for this training seminar.

Jon, we need more bus stands. I’m ready to place an order.

michaeldterry
01-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I found the presentation to be informative, well designed, interesting and timely. To the extent that I've just had a major suspension system renovation/overhaul done on my bus, I appreciated this opportunity to learn more about the components that make up our suspension systems and how they function. Hector's presentation helped to demystify and simplify what seems like a very complex system. I would highly recommend this webinar to every POGer who has any interest in a better understanding of their bus. I am very grateful to Hector for offering this service to POG members!

Larry W
01-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Hector has a great presentation on our suspension system. I thought I had a little knowledge of the system but after a hour with Hector I now understand the system better. Hector showed me how much I did not know. It is worth your time.
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to Hector

Alan__
01-06-2011, 12:05 AM
I would agree with the above comments. Hector did a great job on presenting a complex subject in an easy to understand working model. It would be well worth attending not only for POG members but our sponsors and many Prevost trained techs. Hector has the patience of Job and will answer any question you might have.

Lawrence M.
01-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Hector,

Sign me up for January 19, Wednesday.

My e-mail address is: ldahlin@cox.net

Larry Dahlin

ajducote
01-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Hector,

Please sign me up for Sunday 9 Jan.

dreamchasers
01-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Andre,

I sent you a PM.

Hector

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Hector, is Wed. Jan 26 still available for the webinar?

Gary S.

dreamchasers
01-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Gary,

This is my second reply. For some reason the first is not showing up on the forum. Anyway, I will need you email address to send the logon invitation. And, yes the 26th is open.

Hector

dreamchasers
01-06-2011, 02:28 PM
The schedule has been updated. Gary S. I will need your email address to send the log on invitation.

Hector

sswindle14260
01-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Please sign me up for January 16th.

sswindle14260@me.com

This sounds like a great course.

lonesome george
01-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Hector, would you be so kind as to set me up for the January 12 session.
conveyors@tds.net
Sincerely George

dreamchasers
01-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Schedule updated. Members scheduled should receive an email invitation 3 - 4 days before their scheduled time slot.

Hector

Prevost1111
01-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Hector thank you for this opportunity, i will take any time slot that is open. My name is michael parsons and my email address is michaelparsons@yahoo.com. Thanks again for the opportunity

grantracy
01-08-2011, 05:21 AM
Hector: would like to participate in 1/26 webinar..still have room?

Gary & Peggy Stevens
01-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Hector & everyone else that doesn't know this. If you left click on the posting signature line at the top of someones post, ( name in Blue ) it gives you several options to get in contact with them. One of which is their email address.

gstevens7@comcast.net

Gary S.

ajducote
01-09-2011, 09:11 PM
I just had my training session with Hector. It was great. If you want to understand how your air system works in relation to your suspension system you HAVE to sign up for this. I have had my bus for 6 years and now I finally see how things work. The "bonus" of the training is the files that Hector will send you after the class that you can use to trouble shoot any problem you have.

Hector has really put together a great presentation. A lot of time went into it and everyone can benefit from Hector's work.

hhoppe
01-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I too just finished my training session with Hector. The job Hector has done to prepare a very simple to understand system of live charts and an easy to understand verbal presentation is really fantastic. I am amazed more members are not signed on to receive this valuable information. Between both of the Prevost coaches I have owned over a 14 year period. I struggled with these leveling systems for hours trying to determine their possible ailments. Shooting in the dark does not get it. With the tools Hector has offered us finding problems and improving your leveling systems operation will be fully posible with less effort and out of pocket cost. No more whining on the forum about your leans guys. Sign up it's one of the best hours you can give your coach.
Thanks a bunch Hector.

AprilWhine
01-10-2011, 12:40 AM
I would like to attend on Jan 12 please.

Cheers,
Sherry

TerryM
01-10-2011, 07:35 AM
I would like to attend on January 23rd. My name is Terry Millard, email - terrylmillard@gmail.com, cell 239-691-6005.

Thank you.

dreamchasers
01-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Schedule has been updated.

AprilWhine, Sherry, you will need to send me your email address in order for me send you an invitation to our meeting. You will not be able to login to the Prevost Suspension Overview unless you have the time sensitive link. If you like, you can PM email address to me.

Hector

craiglenz
01-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Hello Hector,

If that fifth spot for Wed Jan 12th is open still Ill take it. Craig Lenz is my name My email is lenzc@sasktel.net cell: 306-537-9640. If not I hope to get onto one of the later dates. Wed evening is open for me now.

dreamchasers
01-11-2011, 07:02 AM
Hello Hector,

If that fifth spot for Wed Jan 12th is open still Ill take it. Craig Lenz is my name My email is lenzc@sasktel.net cell: 306-537-9640. If not I hope to get onto one of the later dates. Wed evening is open for me now.

The schedule has been updated. Wednesday, 1-12-2011, is full. Sessions will be offered every Sunday and Wednesday night in the month of January, 2011.

Hector

Charles Spera
01-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Last evening I had the pleasure of learning more about my suspension system in one hour than I have been able to accumulate since buying the coach (and at an infinitely lower cost). If you've ever had the leans or wondered what was wrong with your leveling system, I am sure you would benefit from Hector's presentation.
Just learning the location of the 5-port and 3-port Norgren valves is helpful, but wait...there's more. Hector explains the location and purpose of two mystery valves.
In case my CRS persists, Hector has sent us a copy of the presention and the plans to his "Texas Bubbler" diagnostic tool. I'm headed down to Lowes to pick up the parts and build one today.
Thanks Hector, you are THE MAN!

rahangman
01-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Allow me to join with Chuck (above) in congratulating Hector on his presentation. WOW. Not only the information, but being exposed to the technology that Hector has used to make this happen is fantastic. Do not let any kids/grandkids see this! We would all be subjected to having to become true Techno Phobes. Once again, Hector, thank you so much for all you've done, not only of myself, but for all the POGs.

pwf252
01-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Hector,
If there is availability for Jan. 23 I would greatly appreciate being included.
e-mail@ pwfix@azteca-omega.com
214 502 8062

Thanks Much

dreamchasers
01-13-2011, 03:48 PM
The schedule has been updated. Our sessions continue to bring shared knowledge from all.

Hector

craiglenz
01-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Hector you're three for three on last night's presentation. I fully agree with Chuck and Rogers feedback above.

A must see for all Prevost owners. The time alone that Hector put into creating this presentation tool deserves everyones participation in better understanding how our air systems operate. The interactive tool he has created for visually seeing and understanding the workings of a Prevost level low system and how it can aid in future trouble shooting is priceless. A huge bonus I didnt expect was after the presentation, we were all emailed an actual live working file of the system we studied (and where able to interact by asking questions on by the way) with little automation buttons that simulate all the operations is incredible . And if that wasnt enough we also got more diagnostic tool information sent AFTER the presentation for future reference.

Hector thank you ever so much for taking your time to create this and share it with us. I encourage others to take the time to attend one of Hector's presentations. It ranks right up there with the best investment we all made..... our $10 POG Memberships!

sswindle14260
01-14-2011, 05:54 PM
I have signed up for the Sunday night session (Jan 16th) but I have not received an email with the instructions yet. My email address is sswindle14260@me.com. Please send to me as I do not want to miss the presentation.

wayne
01-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Hector,
Will you please sign me up for Sunday, Jan. 16th?
I'll need a brief on how to sign on also....
Thanks,
Wayne
Wjfrazior@hotmail.com

dreamchasers
01-14-2011, 06:29 PM
I have resent the email with the invitation to all members scheduled for Jan. 16. If you have not received the invitation email, please check you spam blocker.

I you still did not receive the invitation email for Jan 16, please call me 936-328-7881.

Hector

dmatz
01-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Hector

This sounds really good. I would like to sign up for the session on Sunday Jan 30th. Email is dougmatz@me.com Thank You

LNDYCHT
01-16-2011, 09:23 AM
I was not sure where to post this info but thought this thread would do.
Here are a couple of links that I found useful. One for Norgren valves giving a parts break down for the spool valves used on my coach. The other is an old Prevost bulletin for pre 94 coaches on making the system more air tight. These help if you have an older coach.

http://www.norgren.com/document_resources/USA/011_Nug%20200.pdf

http://prevostparts.volvo.com/technicalpublications/pdf/Sb96-14B.pdf

Darrell and Linda
01-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Hector, I would be interested in participating on January 30. E-mail; darrell@leduc-county.com
Thank you

wayne
01-17-2011, 10:38 AM
If anyone has yet to take advantage of Hectors generous offering, get the lead out and sign up!
This course is invaluable!
Kudos Hector!

Dallas Cates
01-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Last night’s session was great. It was very well prepared and presented, full of the kind of useful information that’s needed to help me understand the Prevost air system. I would encourage any Pogger to try and fit this training on their calendar. The WebEx presentation is very easy to access and Hector is an excellent presenter who knows his subject.

sswindle14260
01-17-2011, 11:49 AM
I also attended the session last night. It was very valuable information and well presented. Anyone who misses this will be losing out on a lot of good info. I definitely recommend it to any Pogger. Well worth an hour of your time.

awr
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Hector, if you have room on Wed the 19th, please sign me up. E-mail awr76180@yahoo.com. Thanks, Alan

dreamchasers
01-17-2011, 07:16 PM
The schedule has been updated. Please check to assure that you are scheduled correctly.

Hector

TRohrbaugh
01-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Hector, if its not too late I would like to participate in the Webinar on January 19th. My Email is: TLRohrbaugh@CDStraining.com

lonesome george
01-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Hector, I would like to get in on the 19th if possible. conveyors@tds.net

dreamchasers
01-18-2011, 05:31 PM
The schedule has been updated. One slot left for Wednesday evening..........

Hector

Ray Davis
01-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Hector, are the weekend classes also at 7PM CST? That would be 5PM PST, right?

dreamchasers
01-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Hector, are the weekend classes also at 7PM CST? That would be 5PM PST, right?

Ray,

Yes, all sessions are scheduled for 7 pm CST (5 pm PST). The sessions are taking approximately 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours to complete (including questions and experience sharing by members).

Hector

Ray Davis
01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Great. If you still have room, I'd like to get in on tomorrow's class. (rdavis@cox.net)

Ray

Ray Davis
01-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Hector,

Many thanks for a great class. I learned a lot. Might even build a Texas bubbler!

Ray

Lawrence M.
01-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Hector,

Very interesting learning experience. Good program, learned a great deal about suspension. Loved the interactive PDF.

Larry Dahlin

awr
01-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Hector,

Great program! I know that took lots of work. It will certainly give a person an idea of were to start looking when they have a problem.

Alan Riley

lonesome george
01-20-2011, 10:24 AM
You guys that have not attended one of the presentations need to get in line, this information is priceless.
Hector has got this stuff down!

TRohrbaugh
01-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Hector,

Thanks for the very informative presentation on our suspension systems. I know this information will definitely help me diagnose and fix air leaks!

Terry

dreamchasers
01-24-2011, 09:34 AM
The schedule has been updated. Please see the link below.

Within the two remaining sessions, 5 slots are available for members. If interested, please signup.

Hector

TerryM
01-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Thank you to Hector for a great suspension presentation last night. I had only owned our coach for about 36 hours when I watched his presentation and it cleared up so many questions. If you are a newbie, like me, I highly recommend this presentation.

Thanks Hector!

pwf252
01-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Hector,
My apologies for missing the presentation Sunday. We experienced a bit of a family emergency that prevented my attending. Fortunately everything has been resolved. I would greatly appreciate the opportunaty to attend this Sunday if there are any slots left . Please let me know. Again my sincerest apology.

Patrick

dreamchasers
01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
I will schedule you for Sunday. Expect another invitation email within a couple of days for the Sunday session.

Chat with you then.

Hector

RonAltman
01-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks Hector, a lot to digest, I'm glad I had the opportunity to learn more about these critters called Prevost. A job WELL done, Thanks...

dreamchasers
01-28-2011, 07:05 AM
Hello Poggers,

The last session of Prevost Suspension Overview will be held Sunday evening, Jan. 30, 2011. So this is the last chance/dance for attending. (Whew!)

I have opened the session (since this is the last one, unlimited) to more than the normal five limit. If interested please send me your email address and phone number. If Poggers that have previously taken a session have questions and wish to retake it again, now is the chance. Request to attend and I will send you an updated invitation link.

The schedule has been updated. (for the last time.)

Hector

dreamchasers
01-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Currently, 7 members have signed up for the last session to be held Sunday evening. This will be the last offering in this series.

If interested, please sign up (respond to this post). All I need is your email address and telephone number.

Hector

dmatz
01-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Hector

Wow, That was a very professional presentation. 100X more than I ever expected. You did a really good job making things simple to the basics. This is incredible information. Thank you for all your time in preparation of the class, documents and the email. Great work.

truk4u
01-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Excellent job Hector!!!

michaeldterry
01-31-2011, 08:14 AM
Excellent job Hector!!!

Ditto! I attended last night's final presentation of this series for the second time and learned even more by being exposed to the material again! Those of you who did not avail yourselves of this learning opportunity missed something special and invaluable! Thank you, Hector!

rahangman
01-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Like Michael, I had scheduled to join in the last/final presentation as I was sure I would garner up even more of a working knowledge of our Suspension System. However, fate stepped in and an emergency at home kept me from adding my 2 cents worth. Shoot/Shucks......maybe next time. Thanks Hector for all the work and effort you put into this production. Thank you

dreamchasers
01-31-2011, 01:33 PM
A special thanks to all who have of offered all the great comments. It was my pleasure, I had an opportunity to talk "bus smack", twice a week during the month of January. I have chatted with 30 plus POG members concerning bus suspension systems and have learned much simply by being the facilitator of this demonstration. The sharing of others experiences has proven invaluable. It has been great!

I recorded the last session and the demonstration is posted on a video streaming server, thus allowing other users to see the demonstration at their leisure. You will have full control to back up, pause, etc.

The demonstration session is 1 hour 15 minutes.

Checkout the presentation. If Jim Skiff will contact me, we can determine the best way to post this link so that it does not get lost in the forum posts.

https://passassured.webex.com/passassured/ldr.php?AT=pb&SP=MC&rID=50104042&rKey=ef3c6e3a401ed697

Again, thanks to all that participated and the supportive comments.

Hector

PS - If their are others that are willing to facilitate a web demonstration of a specific topic, please contact me and I will help with the details. This is a great way to collaborate using the Internet for communication.

Jim Skiff
01-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Hector,

I "stuck" this thread at the top.

Jim

jimshoen
02-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi Hector,
I have been out of the loop as of late. Just saw your post about the web class. Missed the dates.
Thanks for posting the last session.
Jim

dreamchasers
02-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi Hector,
I have been out of the loop as of late. Just saw your post about the web class. Missed the dates.
Thanks for posting the last session.
Jim

Jim,

Let me know how is works for you.

Thanks,

Hector

Jim Skiff
02-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Hector's article and link to the demonstration movie can be found here: http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/content.php?52-How-Does-The-Prevost-Suspension-Work

The PDF version is attached to this post.

Thank you Hector for this outstanding contribution to POG!

Nolan
04-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Hector,
I am a new Prevost owner, and pretty new RVer. If you ever hold this seminar again, I would really appreciate the opportunity to join. I sure need to know more about my coach. Thanks Nolan

Nolan
04-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Hector,
I am a new Prevost owner, and pretty new RVer. If you ever hold this seminar again, I would really appreciate the opportunity to join. I sure need to know more about my coach. Thanks Nolan

Jon Wehrenberg
04-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Plan on attending our POG X rally in Austin Oct.3 through 7. Hector will be doing this seminar live and in person. I believe he will be signing autographs afterward (just kidding about that).

Nolan
04-21-2011, 12:57 PM
I am definitely going to be at the Austin Rally. In the meantime, I hope to take about a 5,000 mile trip thru the West and Southwest, including California and Colorado. Does anyone have any suggestions about Hwy 1 in Califorina. Nolan

garyde
04-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi Nolan. There has been several posts regarding Hwy 1. Certain parts are off limits to our size of Bus. You can refer to CHP and Caltrans or AAA for specific information.
South of Ventura, California Hwy 1 is OK. North of San Luis Obispo Hwy 1 is not good. And so on.

dreamchasers
04-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Plan on attending our POG X rally in Austin Oct.3 through 7. Hector will be doing this seminar live and in person. I believe he will be signing autographs afterward (just kidding about that).

Nolan,

If you go to the "Articles" section of the POG website and select "How Does the Prevost Suspension System Work?", you will be able to review the seminar that was presented throughout the month of January. Go to the bottom of the introductory article and select the link at the bottom of the page. The link will direct you to the recording. Webex, the system used for storing the recording, will ask permission to download the viewer software. The presentation includes audio and video.

It's that simple!

Hector

PS - If any autographs are given, Jon will do the signing. I will hold the paper.

Nolan
04-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Amazing. Truly Amazing. I just don't know how in the world you did that presentation, but it really helps to understand how the system works. Now I ask myself the question, with this new knowledge can I fix a leak in my coach. And, the answer is no. I will need more help by seeing how one is fixed. Thanks so much. Really helpful. I am looking forward to your presentation in Austin. Nolan

Jon Wehrenberg
04-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Nolan, Here is the real answer to your question. You can fix any leak.

What most of us have learned through the "ownership experience" is finding leaks is the hard part. One you know where the leak is everything else is easy.

dreamchasers
04-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Nolan,

I agree with Jon, yes you can fix any leak on the coach, it will take a little time and a few tools. When I first purchased by coach, suspension leaks dampened my enthusiasm of new ownership, especially when I attempted to get them repaired by others. The two quick lessons I learned is bus shops work by the hour and unskilled troubleshooting for leaks can reach deep, deep into your pocketbook. The second lesson I learned is "No one is as interested in a leak free coach as the coach owner".

These two lessons prompted the work to bring the presentation to reality. It took time to build, but I simply had to figure out how it all worked in order to fix it. When I purchased my coach, it would not stand on its own overnight, plus the brake air would leak down overnight. After the initial repairs, I have not had to trace leaks again. Now, after 4 years of ownership, I have a few minor leaks that I will take care of within the next few weeks. Now a minor leak means, the suspension will start to show signs of a leak after sitting for two weeks, instead of two hours. Once you have your leaks resolved, the system is reliable.

If you decide to tackle repairs yourself, you will need a few tools to handle the heavy coach safely. I purchased a set of jack stands from Jon early during ownership and use them extensively. I travel with the jack stands in the coach and I never, never crawl under the coach unless it is supported by the jack stands. The Prevost suspension is complicated and dynamic, that is what gives us the smooth ride. But if the suspension releases while you are under a non support bus, its over!

I am planning on attending the Austin Rally and will give the suspension presentation (bring all your questions to the Rally). We (Jon and I) are planning an added bonus of demonstrating the famous "Texas Bubbler" (The TexasDrifters leak detector) to check for leaks on an actual coach suspension. So, if you want to see how two "not so young guys" wrestle with heavy tires and suspension components to check out suspension leaks, come to Austin.

Hector

PS - Nolan, thanks for the kind words concerning the suspension presentation. It was time consuming to build, but has been very beneficial.

Nolan
04-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Jon
If you ever sell the coach jack stands again, please let me know. Nolan