PDA

View Full Version : Florida Mini Rally

Jamie Bradford
12-31-2010, 01:33 PM
We are in Jax for the Gator Bowl - GO BLUE! - we will be down here for a bit.

Anyone interested in a February Mini Rally in Florida?? Perhaps Port St. Lucie , or any other ideas anyone may have??

Jamie

Dallas Cates
12-31-2010, 03:34 PM
We're in Largo untel Feb 5th. We'd be interested.

Woody
01-01-2011, 09:45 AM
We are interested, maybe Paul Horner can put one together as he did last year.

ajducote
01-01-2011, 11:50 AM
We are interested, if it could be scheduled over a weekend it would be easier for us. But will try to make whatever is scheduled.

phorner
01-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi all and Happy New Year!

You have given me way too much credit....

A mini-rally here at the Outdoor Resorts has become a bit of an unofficial tradition during the winter, usually sometime in February. I'll be happy to check the Resort calendar to see if there is any particular event that would be of interest. In the past, we have had good attendance at our Valentines Day dinner/dance, but any schedule can be worked out.

Other "events" that may be of interest to schedule around are our Superbowl party and the Liberty Coach open house, which is an easy drive from here if you haven't reserved a spot there.

There's also several nice restaurants and, of course, Jammin' at Jensen which is essentially a street party in Jensen Beach every Thursday night which is also a short drive from Outdoor Resorts. Crawdaddy's 'Nawlins cafe is one of my favorites in Jensen Beach and they feature a live blues band (right, Jay??!!).

Or you can do nuthin' but enjoy the (hopefully) warm weather and just kick back and relax by one of our pools.

No matter what, we usually manage to have a good time and enjoy seeing our POG friends....

If I can be of any help, just let me know.....

truk4u
01-02-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm there from 1/23 until 2/12.

Woody
01-11-2011, 08:20 PM
What happened to this thread?

A Feb mini sounds great with a number of us in the area - besides, I need to drive the bus once a month!

ajducote
01-19-2011, 12:58 PM
This seems to have died, so I will try to revive it.

How does the 4,5, and 6 Feb sound for a mini rally at Pt. St Lucie?

Paul, anything special going on that weekend? Are there empty spots we could rent?

Anyone else want to try and make that weekend? If not, pick another weekend and lets see if we can get 5 to 10 coaches together.
No schedule, just happy hours and sitting around and shooting the breeze.

Comments / suggestions?

edsaylor
01-19-2011, 01:41 PM
I will be in Port St. Lucie from Feb 8 on for the rest of Feb. I have to be in Mississippi from Jan 29 till Feb 7. Hope you all can come while I am here. I will look forward to seeing you all.

truk4u
01-19-2011, 02:57 PM
OK, the Mini is getting stared... Are ya coming Woody?

Good dates Andrea.

CCMH
01-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Christine and I will be in Florida from Feb 16th till march sometime and would love to participate in a mini rally if it happens then..... ???

Woody
01-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Any time in Feb is good for us except for Valentines day when I have to officiate at a 1st year anniversary ceremony here at Pelicans Landing.

phorner
01-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Hi All,

The February events calendar has been updated for our Resort in case there is any interest in getting together.

February 3 - 6 Liberty Coach Open House, Stuart, Florida. Just a short drive from the Resort

February 6 - 2nd Annual Chili Cook-Off. This was a really good time last year. Cost is $5 per person.

February 9 - Dinner and Trivia - Always a great time, but chances are it's already sold out as it is very popular.
Cost is $10 pp.

February 14 - Valentines Day Dance - Dinner and dancing as usual. Cost $30 pp.

February 20 - Big Breakfast. VERY good breakfast which is served once/month. Cost $5 pp.

February 25 - Fat Friday Party. Cost $5 pp.

February 26 - Hot Rod Show. No details yet but sounds good so far....

There are also social hours every Friday Night, some of which are free and some are $5 pp depending on menu and entertainment.

So.... that's the event calendar so far. It would be great to get together once again as our schedules allow.

There are PLENTY of rental lots available so don't be afraid to make a last minute decision to visit us if that is what works out best for you.

And, please don't hesitate to PM, email or call me if you have questions or if I can be of any help.

Hope to see some of our POG family in Port Saint Lucie!

ajducote
01-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Paul,

Looks like we will try to get together on the 4,5 and 6 of FEB. Do we need to get the office informed of a "POG Mini Rally" so we all get put in the same place?
Also could you post the number for reservations for anyone who does not have it?

Thanks
Andre

phorner
01-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Andre and Everyone,

I spoke with Beth in the office and all you need to do is identify yourself as a member of the Prevost Owners Group and they will try their best to park everyone together. Kind of difficult to do perfectly since we don't have a head count and everyone may/may not arrive during the same time. Reservation number is 866-456-2303 or 772-336-1135.

Looks like early February is working out best for most of the folks interested but please feel free to visit anytime.

Looking forward to seeing some of our POG friends next month!

Woody
01-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Are we going to do it?

If the 4,5 & 6 we shold all make those res.

ajducote
01-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Yes, we will be there. Making our reservations Sunday.

Are we going to do it?

If the 4,5 & 6 we shold all make those res.

ajducote
01-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Just made our reservations. They said I was the 1st one. So the rest of you that are interested need to get on the ball!

BTW, she said they are having a "special" on 3 night stays.

Woody
01-25-2011, 12:47 PM
We are also reserved although the gal that was on on Sunday was a bit weak and probably put us under the GOP group.

markmc
01-26-2011, 07:26 AM
We will be @ wilderness campground/Disney over Presidents week, Feb. 20, 2011.

truk4u
01-27-2011, 08:24 PM
The Micro Mini Rally has already started at Port St. Lucie and Jim Firebaugh of Hearthside Grove stopped by for a visit!

Debbie, Jim Firebaugh, Jamie, Nancy and yours truly

LNDYCHT
02-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Great to meet with other Poggers. Thanks Paul and Janice for a pleasurable afternoon.

Lee

phorner
02-05-2011, 09:46 PM
The Florida Mini Rally swings into gear with a party. My hot water tank has been successfully replaced (a BIG thanks to Bill, Andre, Jim (POGger in the making) and especially, the Tank Master Himself, Tom) and it was time to party.

Pictures show the old water tank installation and various stages of replacement. We found that a motorcycle lift was the perfect tool to support and remove the stainless fresh water tank.

It's just not a POG event without some wrenches being turned.

As if my water heater replacement wasn't challenging enough, Lee, Andre and the Trukster managed to trouble shoot and resolve Woody's electrical issues in their spare time.

Pete
02-08-2011, 02:27 PM
I thought this thread was for Rallies and Get-Together's, but I will go back and check!

truk4u
02-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Water Heater discussion has been moved to "Busted Knuckles".