PDA

View Full Version : Relay device in aux air system

grantracy
12-29-2010, 09:03 AM
I have a small box under the drivers station that contains a set of relays that I believe is the relief valve for my aux air system. In any event the system airs up until the relays engage and release air. It continues to cycle so I have to manually turn on and off. Any help is appreciated. By the way in a relatively cold climate if that makes a difference.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Bran,

Can you send a picture? The aux system on mine is strictly a well pump switch and it opens or closes the circuit to the compressor. I am unaware of any pressure relief valve on the aux system.

When a bus is exposed to colder temps all sorts of changes take place. Suspension valves that never leaked all of a sudden aren't working so good and the bus leans. Coolant hose clamps aren't tight enough anymore and coolant may drip a little. It is the bus's way of telling you that you need to point the bus south and start driving.

grantracy
12-29-2010, 09:29 AM
I am unable to post a pic but will email you one(using an iPad to post)

GDeen
12-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Jon - when you receive, please post. I am getting ready to jump into my aux air system and am curious about Granvil's setup on the Vantare.

Thanks

Jon Wehrenberg
12-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Gran sent a photo of the auxiliary compressor pressure switch, which is a well control switch. The photo was not real clear but it looked like mine.

The photo below is of my switch for the aux compressor. Located in the front steer compartment.

grantracy
12-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Jon: sorry about the quality of the photo but I am more used to working in front of the camera as opposed to behind it.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Can I have your autograph????????

Actually, put it on a check and just leave the amounts blank. I will take care of the pesky details.

grantracy
12-31-2010, 08:25 AM
unfortunately you are a little late....Prevost got all those autographs