PDA

View Full Version : looking at country coach

terryweber
12-22-2010, 09:13 PM
hi i aim a new member looking at a 2006 country coach are they any good call 5194654101 terry thanks

garyde
12-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Welcome to POG Terry. The short answer is Yes, it is a good Coach. I'm sure many owners will speak up. 2006 had many new features for CC. They have a Lutron Homeworks lighting control system, their own OTR A/C system, a large Alternator from what I remember. Also, CC 's have had great paint graphics, and nice interiors. The slides for 2006 were updated by Prevost to change from the side pins to just a single pin at the base to hold slides in place. Prevost is the maker of the bus and Country Coach is the Convertor so it comes down to what you want in a Coach.

jack14r
12-23-2010, 05:45 AM
Gary,I am almost sure that Prevost did not change to the single pin slide until the 2007 shell,the 2005 shell does have the last generation of the multi pin slides which are very good and 365 tires on the front and tag.I would also want to also know did Country Coach do anything that is unique to their coach that could be a repair nightmare now that they are out of business.I would think that the price should be in line with the Legendary coaches,which should be a good value.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-23-2010, 07:34 AM
All conversions are good. If you are focussed on a specific CC, get in touch with Miles Circo because he can help you with the history and build information on that coach.

Miles is a POG member.

terryweber
12-23-2010, 08:01 AM
thank you do you no any one with a cc around that yr my cel 519 4654101

terryweber
12-26-2010, 08:20 AM
thanks for your reply is there someone in club who knowes what are bad years

Jon Wehrenberg
12-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Terry, I sent you a PM, but I also found Miles contact information.

Go to "quick Links" (above), click on POG Member resources and look under Maryland.

pwf252
12-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Don't know about an 06 but I have a 02 and I've been extremely pleased with every aspect of it since purchasing it less then 2 years ago. With the support within the POG membership the fact that the original converter is gone doesn't concern me at all. There is more then enough knowledge in these ranks. And in my opinion CC has some of the best interior and paint schemes out there.

mcirco
12-31-2010, 12:26 AM
Hi Terry,
I apologize that I am not on this site as often as I should. Feel free to e-mail me at mcirco@hughes.net or call me at home at 410-745-6466 usually after 4 PM on weekdays anytime on weekends. The key piece of information I need is the coach number. In 2004 Country Coach began their "L" series. Approximately 85 L series coaches were produced. Look for a number such as L-0XX which will identify it exactly for me. Generally speaking coaches L-001 thru L-048 have the same basic technology for the controls and house systems. The second generation L seies coaches L-049 thru L-086 have different or upgraded controls and house systems. Each series has it's own advantages, disadvantages and quirks. I will be happy to dicuss them all in detail. I own L-005 and would be happy to own any of the L-series Country Coaches. I do have all the manufacturing documentation for the L-series buses that i acquired thru the bankkrupcy proceedings so there is no mystery to maintain it.

Miles and Laura Circo
2004 Country Coach 45' XLII D/S
Wittman, Maryland