PDA

View Full Version : What goes around~

AprilWhine
12-21-2010, 03:01 PM
When we bought our last RV, 40 ft Winnebago pusher, we did not like the table and chairs installed by the factory.

While passing through Elkhart, we stopped at a bankruptcy sale of a huge RV dealer. Sherry noticed a pair of Villa dinette booths, welded steel construction, pull out storage underneath. The dealer had them pushed together and had them labeled as a two piece sofa. Sherry recognized them as as booth seating and we paid an unbelievably low price for them, with a table thrown in.

Time passes, we loved the comfort of the booths, and were very happy with the quality. Got the Prevost bug, and traded the 08 Winnebago in on the Angola.

A few weeks ago, we get a call from the couple who bought the Winnebago from the dealer. They hated the booths, and wanted to restore the Winnebago to original config. We told them that we had the original furniture stored in the garage of a house that we rent out in Vegas. The said that they wanted the furniture enough to drive from South Texas to Vegas and pick it up, and would trade the booths for it.

Last weekend we go to Vegas, do a little Christmas shopping and make the trade.

Back in Yuma, we clean out the area around the built in corian table, toss the office chairs we were using and start to check the fit. Lo and behold, the each dinette seat is built in two pieces, bolted together, and when separated fit in the bus door perfectly. Slid the first booth in place, and there is a notch in the wall end of the seat that is a perfect match for the wireway at the wall/floor junction. Second seat, same thing, absolutely perfect fit.

I just had to share with someone, and the neighbors here are not really bus people. Now, if only all that misspent money of my youth would show up at my door again, it would be Christmas!

Jim

Kenneth Brewer
12-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Personally, it seems like cheating. Somehow? No?

AprilWhine
12-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Personally, it seems like cheating. Somehow? No?

Different strokes. The couple who bought the Winnebago commented as to how they could not see how anyone could stand not having slides.

The part that amazed me is that by happenstance, we bought a Prevost dinette before we even seriously considered buying the bus..

Jim

garyde
12-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Hi Jim. It's Karma. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

rfoster
12-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Need Pictures. I know someone else needing/wanting/wishing/thinking about a booth.
Thanks

AprilWhine
12-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Sherry here,

I'll take pics and post them as soon as the fuzzy one shovels off the table. ;) We use the dinette as a dual computer desk.