PDA

View Full Version : New Northern Member

LNDYCHT
12-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Hello to all,

I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. My name is Lee Bruce and my dear wife is Chiara. We live in Penetang Ontario , about 100 miles north of Toronto. I am now the Service Manager of a local Marina and for 24 years prior to that was a self employed Marine Technician. I spend as much time as possible in my coach, when she is not on the road she sits in a 40x80 shop beside our house. I complete all of my own service and repairs.

We are new to RVing and purchased our coach only 18 months ago. We love to travel and enjoy meeting new friends along the way.

Our coach is a 87 converted in 88 by Liberty Coach. The prior owners kept her interior in great condition and upgraded her as required. The mechanical end has had some neglect but I have brought it up to par over the last year.

I look forward to meeting other members. If I can ever be of assistance to any one in our area I would be more than happy to lend a hand and have a fully equipped shop.

Best Regards to all and Happy Holidays

Lee & Chiara

craiglenz
12-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Welcome Lee,

I too am Canadian from Saskatchewan. We farm near the Weyburn area in South East Saskatchewan. You will find this POG group invaluable and we look forward to learning from your experience. I too am new to this RVing. I bought my Angola this past summer and only took delivery a little over a month ago. I am currently in Las Vegas and will spend the winter in Californa. Looking forward to learning as much as possible and return the invite if you are ever in Saskatchewan in the summer months. Come fall Im off to the warmer parts of the world :-)

Merry Christmas,

Craig

Jon Wehrenberg
12-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Welcome to the asylum. With your background it is clear you will be answering questions instead of posing questions. We need folks like that, especially folks that can give a correct answer all the time.

We had a 1987 Liberty (H296) so my wife and I can relate to the coach you and Chiara drive. It was and probably still is a fabulous coach. We enjoyed the many miles and years we had it.

Come to our rallies and whenever you get a chance let folks know when and where you are traveling because POG members are all over.

truk4u
12-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Lee & Chiara,

Welcome to POG, we're glad you found us, it will be the best 50.00 you ever spent!:p

AprilWhine
12-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Can I have half of the $100 I paid refunded?

Jon Wehrenberg
12-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Since when do we have to pay??????

Must be something new.

michaeldterry
12-16-2010, 11:27 AM
You guys paid to join? I guess I shouldn't mention the $100 gift certificate to Cracker Barrel that I got for joining, huh? :p

MangoMike
12-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Plus free Jerk Chicken from Mango Mike's.

Welcome Lee & Chiara.

mm

Jon Wehrenberg
12-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Here poor Skiffer is trying to make a living and he sees us talking about the POG discount programs and the free sign up bonuses and he starts gasping for air.

It's OK Jim, we all know we are kidding. We are kidding aren't we? And BTW, I did not get last years Cracker Barrel gift certificate. What's with that?

Jon Wehrenberg
12-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Tagging on here, do our neighbors to the north get an opportunity to work the exchange rate to their advantage? I don't see anywhere in the rules that says the dues are to be in US dollars.

Jim Skiff
12-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Jon,

My brother got laid off from Cracker Barrel so no more (free to me) gift certificates from there. He's got a gig at Denny's now so I'll see what we can do.

As far as Canadian currency goes, we don't take loonies here. As far as membership goes, loonies are encouraged to join.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-16-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm thinking I want the gift certificate from that Florida chain of businesses. You know the one you gave Truk.

I think their slogan is "We Bare All"

That's the place where they all know Jim Keller by name. (I've been told)

JIM KELLER
12-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey Jon, Keep it up and I'll treat you to another Mermaid Show.

rfoster
12-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Jim: I remember Jon had a big grin on his face when the old wrinkle up mermaid waved her tail at him. It may have been the warm temps that he was happy about.

LNDYCHT
12-16-2010, 04:59 PM
It looks like I'm surrounded by comedians.

I can almost get a whole dollar for one loony !

Jon Wehrenberg
12-16-2010, 05:25 PM
lndycht.... These are not comedians. These folks here in the asylum think they are being serious. We're starting to worry about you.

Jim......Bring on the mermaids. I thought those wrinkles were because they were in the water too long.

Roger....I always grin when I get a little tail.

Darrell and Linda
12-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Welcome Lee & Chiara.

I just paid up for a third round with this insane group......... Good bunch, but they have no clue as to what 7 months of cold weather is all about. Glad to have you aboard.

LNDYCHT
12-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Welcome Lee & Chiara.

I just paid up for a third round with this insane group......... Good bunch, but they have no clue as to what 7 months of cold weather is all about. Glad to have you aboard.

Insane is three feet of snow in the last week, 6" of ice on the lake already and -20 wind chill !

garyde
12-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Welcome Lee. By now you have probably guessed most POG members like anything that's free. It's the Senior citizen thing. Anyway , welcome to POG, the closest thing to 'free' you'll ever experience!

Jon Wehrenberg
12-17-2010, 06:32 AM
While Jamestown NY may not be able to advertise the coldest winter temps, or the greatest snow fall depths we escaped from there because 240" of annual snowfall, combined with occasional winter cold spells of minus 15 or 20 stretching for a week made the place miserable. The taxes weren't that great either so it was a real joy to leave there.

As a pilot that flew for business out of there routinely I was not aware of any other place in the country that had such uniformly dismal weather with many cloudy, overcast days, and just plain rotten winter weather. I don't do snow anymore. I just stay in the house until it goes away. Snow sucks.

michaeldterry
12-17-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm thinking I want the gift certificate from that Florida chain of businesses. You know the one you gave Truk.

I think their slogan is "We Bare All"

That's the place where they all know Jim Keller by name. (I've been told)

I think the slogan is "Delightfully tacky, yet unrefined" and I'll take those, too on renewal! Cracker Barrel is nice and all, but who doesn't love Hooters? :p

Will Garner
12-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Lee & Chiara

Welcome aboard. We are beginning to get more members from way up north. One of the few things you must be watchful for if you rally with this group is, SHEEP. That's right. There are a couple members who own an outfit called ACME PRODUCTS. If you are not vigilant, your coach may well suffer from sheepitist. That is a condition where sheep become insanely attached to your coach. Watch were you step when exiting the coach door. If it's at night always use a flashlight. There, you have been given fair warning. If you have little faith in this advice, go back and look at some of the rally photos and you will see what I mean.

Gary Carmichael
12-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Jon, I have to agree with you on the snow, I always wanted to retire to an area with snow and a view. Well I am about to change my mind! Tell Mr Gore when or if you see him, to forget global warming and get ready for the next ice age! I thought that Southwest VA would be a little milder, heck I can't get down the driveway to the motor home barn, It's packed and ready for Fla. might have to end up sub leasing my spot just a joke! Just got a bad case of cabin fever!