PDA

View Full Version : Free to Good Home

rickdesilva
12-07-2010, 08:47 PM
I have a long Dayco serpentine belt that doesn't fit anything on my coach. A few years back I had Prevost send me extra belts but this one doesn't fit anything on my coach. Dayco 23521000 20-8584. Prevost part number 506782 (I'm not sure how accurate the prevost number can be). I'll even pay the freight to get it to someone who can use it.

GDeen
12-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Good idea Rick. I also have a new set of the triple belts that were given to me that don't match my needs. Will post the numbers later to see if we have a user in house.

Will Garner
12-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Geez Rick, I thought your cat had a litter of kittens you were trying to get good homes for before Christmas! My bus is too old to use any of your belts but I could use a few good belts of that fancy sounding New Jersey Vodka you were peddling in Maine this summer.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

rickdesilva
12-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Will
You know the economy really sucks when you can't even give something away for free. I am really trying to be politically correct and spread the wealth but it appears that POGers have not bought into this redistribution of wealth thing. A far as the vodka is concerned everyone should have a belt of Effin vodka or as we say in Jersey "F'in" Vodka. Have a great Christmas.
Rick

JIM KELLER
12-10-2010, 06:21 AM
Rick, That Dayco belt won't fit my Bus. Could you please trade it in on the proper # belt for my old Bus and send it to me. The redistribution of some of your wealth during the Christmas Season seems proper and fitting !

Merry Christmas

rfoster
12-10-2010, 06:40 AM
That is almost harsh

Jon Wehrenberg
12-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Rick, as long as these guys are getting crazy I might as well join in.

Can you keep the belts and just send me your bus?

GDeen
12-10-2010, 09:21 AM
While you are at it, I need a first car too for my girl to drive. Maybe you or Roger could just send one to us? Her name is Kiely if you want to send a card.

You guys are great!

JIM KELLER
12-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Well, All I asked for was a Belt ! I see now that I didn't set my expectations high enough.

Loc
12-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey Keller how about some shoes to go with the belt?????

rickdesilva
12-10-2010, 11:48 AM
So much for Poggers not buying into this redistribution thing. It sounds like all you guys are all drinking the Koolaid. All I want to do is give away an Effin fan belt. My boys reminded me today that if I die before the end of the year they don't have to pay estate taxes. Gordon, wish Kiely a Happy Birthday and tell her if daddy really loves her he will spring for a brand new asian vehicle, preferabily a Subaru or a Hyundai, that way he will help the economy. New cars come with great warranties, the cars that Roger peddles come with the 5/50 warranty. 5 minutes or 50 feet whichever comes first.

GDeen
12-10-2010, 02:30 PM
...... Gordon, wish Kiely a Happy Birthday and tell her if daddy really loves her he will spring for a brand new asian vehicle, preferabily a Subaru or a Hyundai, that way he will help the economy. New cars come with great warranties, the cars that Roger peddles come with the 5/50 warranty. 5 minutes or 50 feet whichever comes first.

Rick,
The King would never do that to me:

Mick wouldn't let him
He doesn't want any part of Tsunami the Killer Guard Dog

Jon Wehrenberg
12-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure, but I think Rick said I wasn't going to get the bus. How about if I let you keep the belts and throw in my new chain saw?

rickdesilva
12-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Hey Keller how about some shoes to go with the belt?????

Jon
Based on that comment by Loc, I think I'm going to send the belt to Keller. Have you ever seen the way he dresses? I think the serpentine belt will match his shoes........and the belt is BIG!

Jon Wehrenberg
12-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Di is going to be crushed. I already told her she was going to get a new bus. But I understand your decision to ship the belts to Mr. Keller. The industrial belting goes well with his shoes and his purse.

rfoster
12-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Rick: Warranty? It's not even that long.!!!

Gordon: That is my dog. Now everyone knows how smart he is.

No commment on Mr. Keller's shoes or belt from me.

joelselman
12-11-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm not really sure if you still have the belt (yes, I mean the real belt) because of all the out of work comedians (I hope I have spell check); but if you actually still have it (the Dayco), IT FITS MY BUS!!!!!! I'll take it. Pls ship next day air, oops, just my poor attempt at humor.

Joel Selman, 2491 Lema Drive, Lake Havasu City, Az. 86406 928-680-8155 Thx and Happy Holidays!

rickdesilva
12-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Joel
We'll ship it monday via carrier pigeon. Just curious, what year and conversion is your coach?
Rick

Sid Tuls
12-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I think it only fits on a Thompson Coach. But what do I know.
Joel
We'll ship it monday via carrier pigeon. Just curious, what year and conversion is your coach?
Rick

JIM KELLER
12-12-2010, 08:20 AM
O.K. Boyze, Go ahead. Keep it up. I can take it cuz my skin is " Thick. " My wife bought me a one of a kind pair of shoes and Loc wants them. Perhaps I will put them in the next POG Auction. Then we will see who's laughing !

jonnie
12-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Rick,

If you are still giving stuff away I'll take that classic speeder in you Avatar. However the dock and boathouse must be part of the deal

John

rickdesilva
12-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Jonnie,
That old Chris craft is too slow for you. You like the fast stuff that you have to strap yourselt into the seats. That old flat head six sounds great at 6am in the morning but doesn't even get close to the lake speed limit.

joelselman
12-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Coach is a 2000 ('99 X chassis) Liberty XLV, their #440. The belt is the main engine belt (water pump, 50DN alt, tensioner, etc.). It's an elegant lady (full 24volt, single alternator) with road air powered by a second set of belts; fan powered by third set. Thanks, joel

BUSTER
12-15-2010, 05:47 PM
This thread is a testatment to: NO GOOD DEED EVER GOES UNPUNISHED !!!!!! Stop picking on my Jersey Boy Rick !!!

rickdesilva
12-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Mike
Its comforting to know that someone is watching my back !
Rick

JIM KELLER
12-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Rick, Did you see the picture of that Really Big Dump Truck ? I think that is about the size of Jon's.

rickdesilva
12-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Jim,
I saw the truck, the question is....did Jon see the truck?

Jon Wehrenberg
12-17-2010, 06:26 AM
What truck? There might have been one but all I saw was some boob standing in the way.

joelselman
12-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Recd the belt just in time to put it under the tree! Thanks. Happy New Year to all.

Loc
12-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Rick,

Don't take too much comfort from Buster watching your back. Given the New Jersey Car Dealer Year-End Holiday Door Buster Specials Give-Away, he is probably waiting to see if you are going to give up shirt off your back. I am sure it would go rather nicely with Keller's auction shoes.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Before you guys start with the New Jersey stuff keep in mind there are a lot of us in POG, some quite obvious like Rick, some a little less obvious but still openly discussing it like Paul and Janice, but there are others of us out here with strong Jersey connections such as Buster and his bride (Bayonne and Paramus?), the Hobobimmers (Hoboken), me (Secaucus), and others I am forgetting.

We need a Garden State rally.

rickdesilva
12-26-2010, 08:57 PM
At the present time the Garden State of NJ is under full Blizzard alert, we're not giving anything away! I have about a foot of snow piled up against the doors and its still snowing about 2-3 inches per hour with 30 mph winds. I just took my watch dog Guido out and had to tape a LoJack to him so I could find him in a snow bank. Today was our scheduled day to head to Florida so it appears that we'll have to hold off a few days until I can plow out a path for the coach or wait till the spring thaw. My biggest problem is I'm stuck in the house and I'm almost out of Effen vodka! .............Garden State rally could be a good idea, could do a few days in NYC and end up in the Adirondacks (Lake George, the Lake Tahoe of the east) if interested.

Jim Skiff
12-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Rick,

Will Snookie be there?

Jim

JIM KELLER
12-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Loc, If those shoes go up for auction rest assured there will be a reserve. Based on demand, a big reserve !

Gary Carmichael
12-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Rick, I know what you mean about snow got it here in SW VA wind is blowing the stuff into huge drifts, we hope if it warms a little bit we can leave around the 1st. How long are you going to be stuck there?

rickdesilva
12-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Skiffer,
Don't get me going on that moronic crew, Snooki is a wanna be Jersey Girl.....she's not from Jersey. I think only one of those "actors" is from Jersey and most of them aren't even Italian !
Gary I don't know when I'm going to get out of here. We got just shy of 3 feet of snow and its still blowing and drifting out there. The roads are plowed but not well, there's a Pilot not far from us and it seems like there's an 18 wheeler stuck at every exit ramp. I just spent the day digging out the car stores and there's no place to pile the snow. Wendy and I plan to get on the road with Bill and Linda Dator on Thursday, and thats if we can get our driveways cleared.

garyde
12-27-2010, 10:36 PM
According to some , Global warming is the reason you guys are experiencing all this snow and cold weather. It appears that warm weather is Global warming, and cold weather is also Global Warming.
Now, if we can only figure out what wet weather is.

GDeen
12-28-2010, 11:14 AM
New Jersey and Garden State seems like a huge oxymoron.

(although Tony Soprano's backyard was pretty garden like.)

rickdesilva
12-31-2010, 05:15 AM
Ok Gordo,
And I felt sorry for you when you overindulged on East Coast shellfish and bonded with the porcelan throne while we were in Maine. Since I'm outnumbered, I won't wirebrush you about your Texas connection. That could start a spirited debate. By the way, whats your address? , my cousin Tony is going to be in the Lone Star state and would like to pay you a visit.

GDeen
12-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Sorry Rick - Couldn't help myself. I will do better in the future.

We moved into Loc's servant quarters as it is much nicer than our home. Send Tony on down to the McNewmansion in Houston.

Loc
01-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Rick,

As long as Cousin Tony brings a pair of those Keller manshoes with him he is welcome in Houston.

Gordon,

BITE ME

To All,

A happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.