PDA

View Full Version : aqua hot issue

Prevost1111
12-03-2010, 06:36 AM
hey guys and girls. i am getting ready to role south and i noticed that the electric part of my aqua hot is not working. any suggestions on where to look for the problem. i don't if it's just the electric element or the themostate. i checked all the fuses. the diesel part of the system seems to work fine. thanks for your feed back

Jon Wehrenberg
12-03-2010, 07:01 AM
I have zero Aquahot knowledge, but if you are asking about electric heat, just check the heating element for continuity. If you have an open circuit the heating element is defective. If the heating element checks OK then somewhere in the rest of the system there is a problem and it is beyond my pay scale.

Prevost1111
12-03-2010, 07:06 AM
thanks Jon, i appreciate it very much.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Again, I have zero Aquahot knowledge, but chasing an electrical problem is usually just following the circuit and checking for continuity on electromechanical components such as a relay or thermostat. When it gets into electronic stuff I'm lost.

billbunch47
12-03-2010, 11:08 AM
It more than likely will be one of the two thermostats as the heating element is really almost bullet proof. There is a high and a low and either one will shut down the electric side mine was a high side. They are straight up under the other panel from the element. Hope this helps a little.

Prevost1111
12-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Bill thank you very much

BenC
12-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Did you find your issue with the Aqua Hot? Bill is correct, there is the junction box on the front (side, depending on orientation) then the wires go to the thermostat, then to the 1650watt electric element. On the units before the Aqua Hot electronic control board, there is no other shutoff for the 120volt element. After the electronic panel for diagnostic and control started, then they started putting a relay in to control the element, and the low coolant level float comes into the picture as something else that will shut the element off. The units up to about 2003-2004 do not have that feature and are much simpler to figure out. Hope that helps.
Ben @ Coach Worx.

Larry W
12-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Two years back my heating quit. Was the heating element. New element = hot water again. Took 1 1/2 inch socket to get it out& it was super tight