PDA

View Full Version : A Thank You from Afghanistan

Ray Davis
11-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Kathy received the following email today. I wanted to share with everyone!!

Subject: Thank You - Blanket

Kathy,

Linda Ferrara provided your email address to me so I could send a thank you for the great Marine Corps blanket you gave to her for the troops. I received the blanket about a week ago and it’s come in very handy as the temperatures here are starting to drop into the low 30’s, high 20’s, with only colder temperatures to come over the next few months. Please pass on my thank you to the RV Club for their efforts in making the blankets. This blanket will definitely go to good use and I will pass it on to the Marines that replace me next spring. Sorry I cannot send a picture right now, no way of transferring it to the computer I’m writing from.

Thanks again for the blanket and all your efforts to support the troops.

Chris Rogers
Downtown Marjah, Afghanistan

Major Chris Rogers
Civil Affairs Team Leader
2nd Battalion / 6th Marines
SVOIP (FOB Marjeh): 359 - 6920
SVOIP (Interim Government Center): 359 - 6445
NIPR: christopher.rogers2@afg.usmc.mil
SIPR: christopher.rogers2@afg.usmc.smil.mil

HarborBus
11-30-2010, 06:39 PM
That's pretty cool........................

merle&louise
11-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Ray & Kathy,

Thanks for sharing that email with us. It sure makes us feel good to know that we have done something to support our young men and women in the armed services. Karen and I would like to send out a big THANK YOU to Kathy and all of the ladies who helped with the blankets.

God bless you all!

truk4u
11-30-2010, 08:18 PM
That's great, those ladies worked very hard on those blankets and thank you for the effort!

wayne
11-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Ray & Kathy, thank you for the privilege of helping to construct these blankets in Kerrville, and for passing this thank you on for us to read. It's very touching to have been a part of this project.
God Bless our troups!

GDeen
11-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks for posting Ray - that goes to show the efforts you guys have spearheaded and lots of other folks have pitched in on are very meaningful.

Coloradobus
12-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Thanks Ray and Kathy. the group effort makes us all proud. This note is a nice thought of thanks to end the day.

LarryB
12-01-2010, 10:02 AM
It was a privilege to be a part of this project. Thank you for sharing the thank you note.