PDA

View Full Version : One year anniversary

Woody
11-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks to all of you.

We bought this Angola on November 16th of '09 with NO backup from the seller.

Having had numerous plastic coaches before we were used to no backup but POG has changed all of this.

Thanks again!

Devin W
11-29-2010, 11:47 AM
I'll add my thanks here, as well, having just finished out our first year with our bus. The forum has been a great resource, but also a reassuring community with common issues that get addressed and shared. Almost 20K miles, 8 tires, and 1 dead deer in our first year -- exciting!

Charles Spera
11-29-2010, 01:46 PM
September marked the one year anniversary for us and I, too, feel this forum is a great tool.
Devin, I have had a couple of close calls with deer. So far I've not hit one. What kind of damage does it cause?

Devin W
11-29-2010, 02:14 PM
What kind of damage does it cause?

Something like this --
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x150/cs427fanatic/Prevost%20Liberty%20Coach/IMG_0670-1.jpg

The door wouldn't open all of the way until I removed the bumper end and there are dents down the curbside and the front lower valance was ripped off. The panels behind the front bumper mounts are bent in some too. Overall, though it appears to be cosmetic. We completed a nearly 4K mile trip as that happened our first night out. Hoping to hear back on the repair estimate this week. Apparently they need to get parts from Prevost, Liberty and possibly IBP due to some panels not being available from Prevost. Here are a few more pics below:

HarborBus
11-29-2010, 04:19 PM
WOW, I'd say the bus fared better than the deer.

Woody
11-29-2010, 06:58 PM
As I said in a previous pot Joanie counted 39 Deer Road Kills on the way from Maine. I'll bet the Prevost made out a lot better than those 39.

Devin W
11-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Definitely much more dramatic for the deer. My wife and daughter slept through the whole thing. I had opportunity to clean up most of the messy stuff before they even saw the outside of the bus. Still, thank goodness for insurance as each of the panels that is dented will have to be replaced with a new one.

Kevin Erion
11-30-2010, 08:34 AM
I also had the misfortune of meeting up with bambie on the way home from Indy in August. I was lucky, if you want to call it that. The impact point was within 2" of center of the front bumper. Due to the impact location it did no other damage beyond the bumper and the spare tire door the bumper hinges on. That's the good news, bad news on an XLII there is a bunch of things going on with the bumper. Long, long story short 3 months later and all that's remaining is the paint work on the plastic that surrounds the bumper, I am taking the bumper only to a painter this week and will be very happy when it's finished.
Oh, about $13k estamate from Prevost for the repair.

pwf252
11-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Kevin, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that when Prevost gave you that estimate they took into consideration the condition in which you keep your bus and they added a couple grand so they could feel confortable doing the job to your standards. LOL