View Full Version : Country Coach - Rebirth

truk4u
11-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Looks like CC will be coming back to life, here's the link:

http://www.countrycoach.com/

Miles - What's your take on this?

Gary Carmichael
11-25-2010, 09:56 AM
I guess that they are only going to do repair and upgrades, I wonder if they are doing warranty work? I guess not since it's a different corp!

Jon Wehrenberg
11-25-2010, 12:24 PM
This is either a great opportunity or the makings of a financial disaster. CC certainly made a high end product and having access to all the tooling and intellectual properties is a huge first step to immediately creating cash flow via the sales of replacement parts.

But something put CC in financial trouble and before they even consider cranking up the production line I presume somebody willing to face the unvarnished truth should figure out what caused the bankruptcy and how to not repeat the same mistake.

I don't know if the economy has recovered enough for anyone new to enter the market. The companies that stuck out the financial crunch will be tough competitors because they learned how to survive and they have maintained relationships with their dealers and customers. The customers I see in the market place are not giving away their money and the purchases are probably still at rock bottom prices until inventories get thin and dealers can increase their margins. Does anyone believe CC will resume doing conversions?

garyde
11-25-2010, 01:05 PM
I hope they haven't jumped the gun. Sr. already has the maintenance and repair business. Since Banks still are not loaning, I think they will have a slow go of it. But definately good news.

jack14r
11-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Doesn't Miles have all the conversion paper work?

Coloradobus
11-25-2010, 02:14 PM
The "Wrack and Ruin" of CC can be attributed to past management and economic conditions that exaserbated internal trouble.s. IMHO. CC Bus owners on this forum experienced policies set by the past management. Previous RV companies under that management style, ex. Safari, Inc,,,,,or Destionations RV, and list goes on were "done in" by bleeding those companies dry.
2003 March Country Coach Rally Las vegas Circus Circus we were there with our Marathon XLII, and the current head of Country Coach, not Bob Lee, made several disparaging remarks about other brands of RV's. Those comments had nothing to do directly with our Marathon, but what was said and tone made many at that dinner look up, gasp, and took note of the comments. I have never forgotten that evening. The speaker was a complete jerk, and was head of CC at the time.

LarryB
11-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Jim and Chris, I agree with your analysis of CC past management. Dip Sh#t, Sheep Dip and their little brother have gone on to wreck another company.
Bob Lee is a rather sauvy business guy, he doesn't impress as one to do something without extensive homework. CC did produce an outstanding fiberglass coach and there are a bunch of folks driving them looking for just this sort of support. It does seem like a conflict with OMC however.

Gary Carmichael
11-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Gents, I have to agree with your analysis, I have great respect for Mr Lee, but the cronies at the helm in the end were, well I will not say on this site. Not good business men,and could care less about the customer, I owned two plastic coaches from them a great 2002 that gave no trouble, and a new 2006 that was a nightmare! Country Coach made some great coaches untill the last 2-3 years when some of the quality control went south.

Alek&Lucia
01-09-2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/news/cityregion/25737096-41/coach-lee-ron-company-service.csp

Good News !

Sid Tuls
01-09-2011, 03:34 PM
I wish them all the best! I owned a country coach before this coach and I was very happy (2002 Magna) put on over 100,000 miles on it and it still was in perfect shape! I wouldn't be afraid to own another CC product. I wish them the best,love seeing new business without the help of the Obama Administration!