PDA

View Full Version : Trace 4024 Inverter Repair

LARRY SWACKER
11-25-2010, 12:34 AM
Does anyone know if there is a shop that repairs or rebuilds 1998 Trace inverters? The Inverterdoctor.com posted here earlier appears to be out of business.
Thanks,
Larry

jimshoen
11-25-2010, 12:39 AM
I have two of the same inverters. Have not been able to find anyone to service them. Marathon Coach in Coburg Oregon had some new units in stock about 6 months ago.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-25-2010, 07:31 AM
There is a real problem with changing technology and our inverters (along with a lot of other devices) represent how fast technology changes.

The question should more likely be repair versus replace. Unless you intend to flip the coach, making a serious investment in current technology inverters may prove advantageous as a result of improved performance. If the coach is not going to be kept very long then it might make more sense to do an internet search for used inverters or replacement parts.

LARRY SWACKER
11-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the tips.

I'm keeping this coach for the long haul.

Right now I'm looking at two Magnum MS 4024-4000. I have eight 8-D's with an equalizer between the batteries and Traces. Each inverter powers each leg of my panel. Only 2 loads are 230 volt. The Traces and the load center are labeled "A" and "B". Since I don't have any electrical diagrams for the coach, I would think the conversion to the new technology should be done by a licensed professional. Any suggestions?.

Thanks,

Larry

Alek&Lucia
11-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Larry,

Try here:
Gustdorf Electronics
Camino De La Loos
Santa Fe NM

505-983-4095 ask for Dave

Alek

ToyMan
11-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Larry, I agree with Alex. Call Dave and he will talk you through removing the circuit board so that is all you have to ship to him.

Shipping the whole unit can be a disaster with it weighing over 80 lbs. The shippers don't treat "heavy" packages with any respect.

Ron

LARRY SWACKER
12-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks,

I'll give Dave a call.

Larry

hhoppe
12-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I can vouch for Dave being honest and trustworthy. I dropped a dead unit off at his place on the way home from POG VIII. He made the repairs and UPS shipped it to me a short while later. He had to replace the mother board and they are getting scarce to find.