PDA

View Full Version : Macerator Pump Photos

Richard Barnes
11-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Does anyone have photos showing removal and replacement of the macerator pump on a Liberty Coach? Mine is obviously clogged and needs service! THANKS!

jack14r
11-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Richard,I have hooked up a garden hose with an adaptor and cleared the pump-try it.

truk4u
11-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Richard,

I removed and replaced the Macerator on my Liberty. The plumbing had to be removed, but it wasn't that big a deal since Liberty has those nice hoses and clamps that easily come apart. Here is a link to the post I did with pictures:

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?4724-Liberty-Macerator-Pump-(older-vintage)&highlight=macerator

Jon Wehrenberg
11-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Does anyone have photos showing removal and replacement of the macerator pump on a Liberty Coach? Mine is obviously clogged and needs service! THANKS!

It is less likely that it is clogged, and more likely the impeller is damaged. If the macerator has not been used regularly it is possible for the impeller to adhere to the pump body and when the motor is turned the impeller loses some of its fins. The macerator is provided with a hex on the end of the motor to loosen an impeller, but unfortunately the manner in which the macerator is installed makes it impossible to reach that end of the macerator.

It is serviceable but whether servicing or replacing it still needs to be removed. When I replaced mine and changed the way it was plumbed I found it easier to just pull all the piping from the holding tank so I had easier access to the macerator and the various fittings and fastners.

garyde
11-24-2010, 09:42 PM
At Keerville, the Liberty seminar, someone commented that the macerator motor is located on the top of the tank "just out of arms reach"!

truk4u
11-25-2010, 08:35 AM
This was my problem as Jon pointed out, broken impeller:

Richard Barnes
11-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks Guys!