PDA

View Full Version : Help me identify

rahangman
11-24-2010, 11:14 AM
7573 What is this? I believe it to be part of my CC "Over the road air"?
7574 Another view of it.....
7575 This is the controller that was hooked up to it
7576 This is where it was mounted (Psgr side first compartment)

My CC "Bus" air has never worked. Using my CruiseAirs when needed for the time being. I have had the system leak/pressure checked by "Techs" who say that the system is good, but I need a new compressor. This was mounted inside of a wood enclosure made by CC (I assume) and pulled everything out to revamp myself for more room The Bay also had had a TV Entertainment installation (Pre me) which we are not interested in, hence the replacement. Any thoughts? This is first time to post pics, thanx to the thread on how to do so. Hope I got it right

gmcbuffalo
11-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Roger where do those hose go? The fans and motor assembly did they attach to something else or did the fans push or pull air throught those tubes?

rahangman
11-24-2010, 05:33 PM
That is my quandry. They go back behind the rear panel of this front compartment....somewhere and around the fan/blower was a wooden box that was set up to also hold a speaker system for the outside Entertainment Bay that was all gone when we got the bus. The fan motor has a tag on it from Fridgi-Cool which was/is the OTR from CC, I think. It has never worked for us. Inside the mirror door for the Medicine Cabinet is a listing from CC of all the ser#'s etc for their add ons, this says Over The Road Heat/Air, Compressor Model 951Y024892 which is the compressor in the engine compartment with 2 Model numbers, 030695 and 030696. I am at a loss here. I am in the process of working my way through the compartment to open up both the rear and forward compartment panels to see what there is to see. Now that I am getting into picture showing, hopefully someone can lend an idea. Nope, I have not seen any of my paperwork that came with the bus that has anything about this. Thanx in advance

LA-HODAG
11-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Hey Rodger. That is weird. Where was that controler located? Why would one want to control temperature between 80 and 130 degrees? That is such a strange temperature range. Where was the air coming from that the blower was sending into the ducts? In any event, I don't think that is part of your CC OTR air system. The blowers for the OTR air in my 1990 CC are under the dash, under the kitchen cabinetry and under the bed. I don't have any ducts in any of my bays. There are two engine driven compressors, and a big condenser unit between and slightly behind the front wheels.

Curious to hear what you find as you follow those ducts out of the bay.

Bryan

jack14r
11-24-2010, 08:01 PM
That thermostat is not for the AC unit but for the bay temp.

garyde
11-24-2010, 09:48 PM
If that bay had a refer, freezer, etc. it might have been to keep the bay below a certaintemp so the refer wouldn't burn out. But it looks pretty large for that use.

rfoster
11-24-2010, 10:52 PM
FWIW my 03 CC has a dual blower single motor very similar in appearance to your 90 model that is located over the windshield with the two speed switch located on the dash. It seems to serve as a turbo type defroster for the large windshields in the XLII. The air supply is from the ceiling duct work that comes from the roof airs/heat pumps.

I have used it for defrosting the windsheild and also to cool the drivers/windshield area when sitting still with the roof airs on or while driving into the Summer sun at the beach, but no thermostat is hooked into it.

Everything is neatly concealed above the Drop Down TV and can be seen only wnen TV is down by a experienced eye. My first thoughts was it was the control box/motor for the overhead spotlight but when I opened it up it was a blower very much like what you pictured.