PDA

View Full Version : Great weather to polish wheels.

Terry J. Sturgis
11-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Due to the 60 degree temps in Michigan I took the time to polish my wheels today. Tried three products as follows:
Eagle One Never Dull Metal Polish. Wadded cotton with chemicals imbeded. Worked OK.
White Diamond Metal Polish. Liquid, rub on then off. Better.
Wicked Products Lightining Shine Metal Polish. Thick liquid, rub on, wipe off. Kicks butt.
My youngest Son is a mechanic for Michigan Kenworht. That's where he got the Wicked Products Polish for me.
Disclaimer: I do not represent any of the above metioned products, just passing on what worked for me.
Took me the better part of the day to do the job. As he was leaving he says to me "maybe next time we could take the wheels to the shop down the street from KW as they have a machine that makes the wheels look as new for $25.00 per wheel". I says " there is a machine for this". Yee Haw!

MangoMike
11-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Terry,

BOB - xx turned me on to this polish, and I've been a huge fan. But I did order the Wicked Products this morning in search of the Holy Grail.

http://www.buschshineproducts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3

mm

Will Garner
11-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Hey you wheel polishing guys. We are in Charleston SC and the day started at 62 degrees. I've got some wheels that could use polishing if you want to try something out. Ya'll just come on down now, ya'hear?

truk4u
11-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Has anyone tried this product called Mr Buffer?

http://www.mrbuffer.com/

A guy told me it's the best stuff for wheels he has ever used..

Gary Carmichael
11-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Guys, I asked at Liberty about me polishing the wheels, they said with the duro coat aluminum wheel I could not polish them, any body polish any of these mine need to be shined a bit and I would like to do it if I new I would not mess them up.

Coloradobus
11-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Anyone heard of or tried this product. We saw a TV demonstration, looks promising. Thought about using it Airstream polishing
http://www.sharkhide.com/

rahangman
11-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Will, you staying at James Island Park? Great location. We are looking at another trip back there this Winter....

jack14r
11-12-2010, 09:45 AM
The Duro Bright wheels have a coating that is clear and they do not require polishing,they are never as bright as the polished wheels but they are easy to keep clean,I like them.

MangoMike
11-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Trukman,

Oh yea, you're Mr. Buffer kind of guy.

mm

Will Garner
11-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Rodger, no we are staying at a local KOA. Nice park with a lake and walking trail around it. It is in Mt Pleasant, SC off US 17 north of Charleston. Now about those rims I have that could use polishing?

rahangman
11-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Will-
I used a "Venue" that was at Ohio's FMCA national rally July 2009 at $15 a wheel. Not perfect but darn near and now keep Metal Wax to touch em up. Don't think I can make it anytime soon, gearing up for a trip to Corpus Christi this Feb....maybe