PDA

View Full Version : Quiet "Squeelling" type sound

CCMH
11-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Okay, here is yet another I could use some help with...

When I parked my coach in it's garage today, after turning off the engine, I heard a squeeling sound coming from up in the area of the coolant resevoire tank. It was a continuous slight squeeling sound, not loud at all, kind of like the sound when you squeeze the end of a baloon and let air out slowly, but even quieter.

It seems to be coming from behind the coolant resevoir tank, I cant see anything, but the sound kept going for quite a while after the engine shut off. I had driven the coach from cold for about 7 miles in 70 degree weather.

Any ideas????

dale farley
11-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Curtis,

I would loosen the cap on the reservoir and see if the noise stopped. If so, you will know it is from the water pressure. May just be a leak around the cap? May be coming from a hose connection?

Jon Wehrenberg
11-05-2010, 08:42 PM
It is often nearly impossible to locate noises when standing at the coach, and as Dale suggested perhaps starting with the easy things to check may be a big help.

One thing I found helps me on audible air leaks or hard to find noises is a cheap stethoscope that when pointed at the noise makes its source easier to pinpoint. I carry one in the coach.