PDA

View Full Version : Southern California help wanted

Jeff Bayley
10-28-2006, 02:59 PM
I am going to be in Orange County tonight. I could go where ever someone suggests in an effort to get ocean side parking or will take other "next best" suggestions. Costa Mesa, Newport area preferred. Don't mind paying.

Jeff

garyde
10-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Along Hwy 1 , North of Malibu , there is a State Park ;Zuma I believe. Also, Hwy 101 just North of Ventura, along the Ocean, several miles of parking. No hook-ups. There is one RV Park off of 101 and Main st., North of Ventura also. Right under the bridge to the Beach. I do not know the name. Gary

Jeff Bayley
10-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Got the Malibu parking pretty much wired I think. $40 a night which is a bargain in my opinion. Lot's of free parking along PCH but noisy with traffic. Ask for space number V7 in advance at the Malibu Beach RV Park. This spot is supposed to be for 40' max but they let us park our 45' here since it's not busy.

I'm thinking that home we are in the middle of buying in Florida was real dumb now. This is just fine. Don't forget to set the brake.

Ray Davis
10-30-2006, 07:16 PM
I've not tried it since I live in the area, but I'm told that you can also park along the beach down in the San Clemente area. I believe it's state park operated, but perhaps Ken or Mike can chime in?

ray

BUSTER
10-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Ray,

I stayed there 3 nights after Labor Day....will not go back...long walk to beach, tired facilities....wi-fi does not work and staff was indifferent at best...well it is s state run facility...I would try the Dunes in Newport Beach if POGGERS wanted to stay in the area

Mike Simmons

garyde
10-31-2006, 01:17 AM
There is another State Park North of Santa Barbara ,20 miles, called EL Capitan State Beach. Its a nice place also. Gary