PDA

View Full Version : Prevost Paint Jobs

Jeffery Raymond
01-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Here's how it works.

Prevost sells shells either painted or a basic primed or solid color paint. Converters send Prevost schematics for the paint jobs for two reasons: First they don't all have paint shops, and Prevost warrantees the paint jobs.

However, I recently discovered from a painting guy that the primer that Prevost uses works great on aluminum, but not so well on stainless. If you look carefully at relatively new coaches, you can see chipping along the stainless/paint lines.

This guy also is offering paint jobs for a while at least at about $15K. If anyone is interested, I will follow up.

ken&ellen
01-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Jeff, That sounds reasonable. The previous owner of my Liberty had it painted at Marathon Coach in 2003 and it cost him $27K!!! Remember the days of Earl Schieb...." any car.....any color $19.95 " Of course that included tires & windows if you did not cover them up.:D The 60's were full of memories. Ken

I was so much older then...I am younger than that now

Jeffery Raymond
01-26-2006, 08:21 AM
Thought $100 was too much to pay for POG?

Get a first class Prevost paint job from Glen Franklin in Lakeland, Florida. He has two bays, a paint booth large enough for a 45' coach and he does first class work. Call Glen at 863-669-1256. Tell 'em we sent ya.

You will also learn more about painting Prevost coaches than anyone else you have ever spoken to.:cool:

pognumber26
01-28-2006, 07:27 AM
I spent some time yesterday with Howard,the owner of the paint/bodywork/detail shop that does all the Marathon work here in San Antonio...According to him, the new paint jobs coming out of Oregon are the best he has seen in 20 years of working on coaches...He believes that they are doing a better job then Prevost with much more original artistry...Each paint job is an original rather then a repeated theme in a different color...I share this without ANY PREJUDICE(yeah right}

Jeffery Raymond
01-28-2006, 07:41 AM
The 60's were full of memories. Ken

I was so much older then...I am younger than that now

No kidding....at least as far as I can remember.

Coloradobus
06-16-2006, 10:02 PM
We used, at Prevost Mira Loma's recommendation, "Fleet Refinishing" at 5175 Santa Ana, Fontana, Ca. 1-909-434-1680.

They did a super job both in helping us choose complimenting colors and execution of the paint job. We had the 2 Cosmic Gas Cloud; stripes changed to, the lower stripe, British Racing Green Metallic, and the upper stripe, using the bumper's Copper color.

It met and exceede our expectations!
We were at first, going to try to live with the Cosmic Gas Cloud striping. One day over the CB a couple of truckers, passing in opposite exclaimed, ;Look, all that money and NO taste. We looked at each other and grinned and cringed.

NEW STRIPES!! Then the whole coach was color sanded and cleared.

All that for $8,000.00
Will debut at the POG

Jon Wehrenberg
06-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Does the engine color match the body scheme?????????

CoBus has a long way to go to catch up to Mr. Bling King.

Coloradobus
06-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Nope, Jon,

The engine is not totally coordinated with the coach. but that's not the secret weapon!

win42
07-11-2006, 05:02 PM
After some dope on the phone, over the yellow line, gave me a choice of taking them on in the left headlight. I moved right enough to miss them but scrape the rear awning pole off on a power pole, located 16" off the pavement, and buggered up the panel behind it. Progressive Insurance flew an adjuster from Utah to CA. ( because it was a Prevost ? ) They gave us a good appraisal and followed up with a check. They gave choices of repair people including Prevost. They offered Coach Specialties located in a large hanger at the previous NAS Alameda CA. My bus fleet friend gave a thumbs up on them as well. Being a 91 Royal with Navaho style fadded paint job, were going to follow up with a full paint job. I have the colors picked out now the tricky part is coming up with the graphics. After scouring every coach picture on the internet, were still kinda scratching our head. Please don't hide your coaches from me, I need all the help I can get on this.
I'm new to POG and was blown away by the mechanical help you all offer. I'm finally not alone wrenching on my bus anymore.
Thanks

Just Plain Jeff
07-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Welcome win42 to our efforts in herding cats during a lightning storm. That's what POG is all about! Glad to hear that you are finding the information useful. The other 99% is all about having a wonderful sense of community and great friendships. You probably have already figured out the entire cast of characters by now, and realize that I am the nice guy in the bunch.

Sorry to hear that you had a scrape with your bus, but it sounds as if you are headed in the right direction.

One of the places to see a bunch of paint jobs is in the Coaches for Sale section on www.prevost-stuff.com.

So, now you have joined the online group.

Good for you!

Jon Wehrenberg
07-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Don't forget to look at the owners page on prevost-stuff also because it shows some of the coaches owned by folks there and here.

truk4u
07-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey Win, welcome aboard, you will get lots of support here. I'll e-mail you a pic of my Marathon if you want, but you turned off the e-mail address availability in your profile.

win42
07-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Tom

Thanks for the offer of the picture. I didn't mean to exclude the email, now I'll have to figure how to include it. I'm kinda green at threading.

Harry

shoppe@direcpc.com

truk4u
07-12-2006, 09:04 AM
No problem Harry, e-mail on the way.:)