PDA

View Full Version : Splendid 2000 Washer/Dryer Problem

truk4u
10-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Our washer/dryer works fine in the wash cycle, but when running the dryer, the pump for discharging water cycles every 20 or 30 seconds while drying. Anyone have a clue as to what may be the cause?

I've already googled the problem with no success.

Jamie Bradford
10-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Is the filter clogged?

grross
10-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Tom,
Check a user manual, If my memory recall is still working, that is the way it worked in our 1995 foretravel. Thinking the unit was malfunctioning I called the factory and was told that was how the dryer worked!

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
10-15-2010, 11:30 PM
I too, Tom remember ours on the 97 Royale working that way. It was a condensor dryer. Can get
info on it once we get home.
Sandy

truk4u
10-16-2010, 09:41 AM
OK, thanks. The filter is clean and I have no manual. Any documentation I found online did not address the pump running on the drying cycle. I have had quite a few of these washer/dryers and this is the only one that cycles the pump during drying.

dale farley
10-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Tom,

My 2000 Splendide dryer works like any normal dryer except that it is 110 V, so it takes longer. In my 93 Marathon, I had one of the goofy dryers that requires water be hooked up for the dryer to work. It actually used water to dry the clothes, and it was not a Splendide.

rahangman
10-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Our washer/dryer works fine in the wash cycle, but when running the dryer, the pump for discharging water cycles every 20 or 30 seconds while drying. Anyone have a clue as to what may be the cause?

We just put a Spledide in our coach. No lint filter on new one, as the company says the lint is removed via the pump filter...I hope that is right, as we just made our first voyage with it being used and hope I am not filling up my gray tank with "fuzz" . I did notice that on my exhaust that I have some lint building up on our "bug screen" hmmmmmm...There is something about the unvented vs the vented units also handling the lint question differently