PDA

View Full Version : Differant Prevost Shells

Sid Tuls
10-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Just saw a few entertainer buses and notice they have a differant position for there tag and drivers. I see that they are moved back but was wondering why?

jack14r
10-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Moving the drive and tag back gives them more bay storage.I have heard that the new 2012 XLII will be an entertainer shell with the stainless only going as high as the bay doors.With the longer wheelbase the turning radius is increased and I really don't know if the buyers will embrace the new look as well as the Volvo D13 engine.

dale farley
10-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Sid, What Jack said about the storage is correct. They also say it gives a smoother ride because of the longer wheel base. I am about 99.9% sure that we were told in a seminar on Wednesday that all new Prevosts will have the longer wheel base. I assume Prevost is doing that to simplify production and reduce costs.

Sid Tuls
10-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Jack & Dale, thanks for getting back to me. I'm sure having an extra bay would allways be nice. It sure makes sense from a production point of view. I just can't hardy imangine a better ride than we allready have.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
10-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Dale, Bill Jenson from Prevost told us about this in his seminar. You did hear right!
Sandy

dale farley
10-16-2010, 02:54 AM
Thanks Ed. I was taking notes about something else Bill had said, when I thought I heard him say the new Prevosts would all be the long wheel base. We got home about 11:30 today; and our house AC is not working properly, so we're sleeping in the bus tonight. Hope you and Sandy have a safe trip home.