PDA

View Full Version : THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES POG IX

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the wonderful time, so nice to see everyone again and to make new friends.

Our largest rally so far made it a little difficult to have quality time with everyone there. I focused on new acquaintances and beg forgiveness of all our old time friends.

Also sorry to take a French leave and cut out a little early today, we are heading for Ted's funeral in Longview, TX

All you new folks, don't be afraid to post. It will make you feel better as a member and will contribute to the general health of POG. The forum will be shaped by all your contributions more than it will by your silence. Now that you have made many new friends in person posting should be like having a long range conversation and not like talking to an empty stadium

JIM :) & BARB :)

JIM KELLER
10-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Jim, That was very nice.

GDeen
10-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Jim,

I echo your sentiments on the success of the rally, and particularly the point about participation. This forum is only as good as the participation by the group. With such a diverse demographic in the membership, there could be much more information exchange on any number of topics related to the lifestyle.

I sure enjoyed finally meeting you, and will see you tomorrow.

AprilWhine
10-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Wish we could have made it this year, but we didn't know in time. Besides, we were busy buying our coach. See you next time!

HarborBus
10-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Diddo, We had a great time and really enjoyed finally putting faces to the names that I have come to be know well over the last year +. Looking forward to the next rally or mini rally. Everyone be safe in your travels.

wayne
10-15-2010, 10:08 AM
We also has a wonderful time and so enjoyed meeting so many great folks. Buckhorn did a great job rolling out the red carpet!
A huge THANK YOU to all who worked so hard to make this a most memorable week!
Let's do it again!

tinstafl
10-15-2010, 10:50 AM
I too want to thank everyone for being so welcoming and making us feel right at home. It is a great group of people and to say that I learned a lot is an understatement. I even learned my Jeep will go places that I never figured it could. Thank Loc. I also learned I will have to not play around next time when we go shooting. Seriously though, I learned a lot and now I am on the prowl for the right bus for us. I am working on my list and am sure I will find one sooner or later.

ajducote
10-16-2010, 07:55 PM
POG 9 was a great rally. We had a great time. We made it home to Florida today and spent the day unloading after being on the road 5 months.
A lot of new members made it to the rally and the one's I talked to, seem to be having a good time. The charity auction was a great success. I was privileged to have the winning bid to provide a laptop to a wounded solider at Brooks Army Hospital. Ann and I presented the laptop to a young solider who had lost part of his leg to a land mine as a gift from the POG membership Wednesday afternoon. If anyone thinks they are free of emotion, go see our very young wounded warriors and I guarantee you will be in tears. I cried like a baby. BUT it was a great honor to represent POG in this way.

I hope everyone had a good time at the rally, I know I did.

Safe travels to all.

garyde
10-16-2010, 09:40 PM
I always get more than bargained for when you join this group and attend a POG Rally. Ken Robertson Bon fires, Liberty Night with the Eagles on High Def,
'Fire Ants and the Art of washing your bus' with the Ferris', Stories of Alaska from Tuga & Karen and Ken & Janet, Cigar and Whisky Night with Fred Lloyd,
Golf with Jim Skif, Skeet & Trap Shooting with POG members, Hitching rides and getting lost with Jim Chaloupka and Ray Davis, traveling with Steve and Rhonda Bennett, Ken and Janet Zitter, and
Ray and Kathy Davis,
and all the Buses.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-20-2010, 02:17 AM
Here are the pictures I took during the POG IX Rally.

The best viewing is to run the slide show. You can choose how long to view each picture

I took pictures just before the Official Rally, and 3 days after to just show what an RV Park looks like before and after an Event like ours is held.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gstevens51/POGIXRALLY?authkey=Gv1sRgCKKYvruZsK3GHQ&feat=directlink

Thanks everyone for making it the BEST RALLY I have been to. It is hard to get to personally know everyone at a rally of this size, but I for ONE can hardly wait for the NEXT ONE !!!!! :D

dale farley
10-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Gary, You did a great job of covering this event. Thanks

truk4u
10-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Nice job SB...

bonhall41
10-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Dale,
You also took and posted great photos! Thanks to both you and Gary. Also, thanks to everyone who had a hand in making POG IX such a success.

Bonnie

Denny
10-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks to all who have posted pictures. To those of us who couldn't be there, it shows what a great time we missed.

rfoster
10-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Gary: Great Job on the Photos. You do good work. Dale you too! Especially Headllight photos!!

Me and Jdub both like your new Signature line.

He paid alot for that and fora lot of good causes.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Re: Gary's new signature line..........Some people have no pride. It would take more than $1000 for me to do something like that. I'm a whore for money, but an expensive one.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Re: Gary's new signature line..........Some people have no pride. It would take more than $1000 for me to do something like that. I'm a whore for money, but an expensive one.

What can I say, LJ & Vi got me drunk on their expensive wine during the auction, and well,...... what can I say?

Gary S.