PDA

View Full Version : exterior windshield covers

scott13
10-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Does anybody know where you can buy those sort of see through windshield covers I see on some coaches. I even saw covers made for wipers and mirrors out of the same material. How do you attach them with snaps or what?

LarryB
10-13-2010, 11:10 PM
scott13, we had our covers made on site while in Tucson,AZ but many places are available. There are ADs in FMCA & Motorhome mag for some companies that do the sun screens as well.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Scott, these covers were one of the best investments I made for the bus. They snap on and are great for keeping the heat out and privacy inside.

The only way to get them is be in a park where one of the many dealers / installers are located and have them measured for your bus and then installed. They advertise in lots of the motorhome magazines, so you can call and see if they will be at your next stop.

I also got a bag that keeps them all rolled up nice and neat when not on the windshield. AND don't fold the covers up after you take them off the windshields, BE SURE and ROLL the covers up for storage. Keeps them from having a crease when you want to install them.

Gary S.

Loc
10-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Scott,

I had a set made by RV Sunshade Co. They have mobile representatives that come to you to make and install the front and side windshield covers. Give them a call at 877.422.5679 or look them up at www.rvsunshade.com. Mine are attached with snaps on the front window and loops and snaps on the side windows. They are relatively easy to put on, but you need a ladder.

Loc

sswindle14260
10-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Gordon Brown of RV Sunshade made a set for my coach back in the summer while I was in Florida. They have several teams that travel the US and maybe they will be near you soon. I love them and wish I had it done sooner. It really blocks out the heat and allows you to look out the windows but retains your privacy. He did a wonderful job and they really look good. Mine snap on too. I would definitely give him a call.

travelite
10-14-2010, 02:19 PM
This one attaches with magnets - no drilling required:

http://www.magneshade.com/

MFI