PDA

View Full Version : Tag Axle Tire

bonhall41
10-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Well, here we are on the way from the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta to the POG Rally in Kerrville when we decide to have some of the bugs and dust removed from the bus at exit 37 of I-10 just east of El Paso. I was about to drive the bus into the wash tunnel when Donald told me we had a bigger problem. The tire on the right tag axle lost its tread but had obviously just happened because the tire still had air. We immediately tried locating a Michelin 365/70 R22.5 but there doesn't seem to be one available anywhere around. We also have a call into Michelin who might be able to steer us toward one but, as I said, the local dealers say they don't have one and the only guy who seemed interested in helping, said it would take 10 days to get one. We do have a toad so could unhook and go pick one up somewhere, hopefully, closer than the one in our garage in Florida. When we replaced two tires last year, we put the new ones on the front and the others on the tag so we have an extra that we should have thrown into the coach before this trip. Hindsight and all that. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions or know where we might be able to find the tire? Thanks and we hope to see a bunch of you in Kerrville soon. By the way, my cell number is 850-240-1676.

Bonnie

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
You might try Prevost, Dallas?

JIM

Reagan Sirmons
10-07-2010, 10:43 PM
I am sorry I did not see this earlier but Bob BEasley of Beasley Tire Service in Houston has opened a new truck outlet in San Antonio.(210 667 2365). THey have tires or tire "getting" ability. If no luck in San Antonio, call the Houston store (281 449 2365) and ask for Bob Beasley or Michael Beasley (his son). Tell them you are a friend of Reagan Sirmons and that you have a Prevost motor coache. He will bust a string for you to get what you want ASAP. IN addition, go on line and look for Stroughal Tire iany where around you, (Houston # 713 436 4000) to get help. I am sorry these are so far away but either of these companies are very dependable and can get tires. Very best,
Reagan
Pres

truk4u
10-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Bonnie,

Your a long way from all of us and sure would like to help! Have you called the Prevost hotline to see if maybe they could point you to someone near El Paso? Also, could you maybe find a used 315 or even a 12R that you could just stick on the tag to get you somewhere that has the correct size?

bonhall41
10-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Michelin says we can use a 315 but have to use a different wheel and we aren't finding any of those either. Michelin customer service has been no help since they don't have access to dealer inventory. I have some numbers to try that are supposed to be RV tire dealers within a 150-mile range. Also, Donald just talked to some truck drivers who told him about a used truck tire/parts place close to here that might have something. He's going to unhook the Vue and check it out. All Prevost service can tell us is that we can use the 315 with a 9-inch wheel. We also have a call in to Featherlite. We appreciate all the help and will keep you posted. Hope to see you in Kerrville sometime later today.

Bonnie

wayne
10-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Bonnie....keeping our fingers crossed!!

ToyMan
10-08-2010, 01:39 PM
I have a spare 315 on a 9" rim here in Kerrville. Just don't know how to get it to you.

bonhall41
10-08-2010, 03:12 PM
We're on the road again. We have a used slightly wrong-sized tire but are hoping to make it to Kerrville sometime tonight. I'm sure we'll miss the dinner but please keep your fingers crossed for us. Thanks, everyone, for your information and offers of help.

Bonnie

Gary Carmichael
10-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Donald, sorry to hear about your bad luck, I have wondered if the 365 were available at most places, do most POG members carry a spare 365 unmounted? that would take a lot of space in the basement? Oh well for the time being I will get new ones every five years, hope for the best. safe travel Gary

Ray Davis
10-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Wow! Bonnie, hope you guys are ok (and here actually). Haven't been on the forum in over a week, and heard last night at dinner that you were having issues.

Ray

bonhall41
10-09-2010, 11:51 AM
We got here (Kerrville) about 10 p.m. and are gradually getting around to everyone. However, OSU (that's The Ohio State University) game is about to come on so pretty much everything else stops. Glad to be here and looking forward to seeing everyone.

Bonnie