PDA

View Full Version : Webasto Time Again

rahangman
09-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Last Feb (2010) we had a new pump put on our Webasto DBW2010 and the system has worked very well since then.....then the summer and I realized I had not exercised it since about July. We are now in Colorado on 30amp service and in the effort to conserve power when we got up, I started it up and turned both thermostats to full on, about 85deg . After about 20-30 mins, the air blowing was warm but not real warm to hot as before. Any thoughts. ?:(

MangoMike
09-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Rodger,

Was the Webasto boiler running in the back of the bus? Felt the exhaust?

Thanks

Mike

HarborBus
09-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Roger, we are in Loveland, Colorado visiting my aging mother, where are you? There is an excellent repair guy, John Carrillo 970-518-3085, here in the Ft Lupton, Longmont area and he is mobile. John had worked at the factory for 10 year prior to going out on his own. I just had ours serviced, now that I see how it's done and what's done I am confident I could do it myself. Anyway if your close that's an option.

rahangman
09-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Here is an update : With thermostats down all the way turned Central Heat and Interior Heat switches ON. Lights lit and HEATER ON lit indicating waiting for Thermostat Control. Turned Thermo to request 90 and circulating pump came on. Burner came on and Inside fan came on. Heat coming out of inside unit very nicely and warm. Turned Thermo down to lowest. Burner went off but circulator pump remained on for about 3-5 mins then shut down. Went inside bus and Central Heat & Interior Heat switch indicating off (no light) and HEATER ON light off indicating to me that for some reason it has shut itself off. I reset the 2 switches and no lights or indications. I then went to Webasto and reset 1st 10am CB, nothiing. Reset 2nd 10amp CB and nothing. I increased Thermostat and VOILA, HEATER ON light illuminated and Burner ignited. When Thermostat turned down, burner went out and HEATER ON light off. When Thermostat again increased the HEATER LIGHT went on and fans and burner once again took off.
Concur....system seems to be working as intended now. Burner quits, circulator pump runs till cool down effected. Reset both control switches and tried again. Worked. Hopefully an "Ocurrance"
The wife got here hot shower so life is good (for me). 1 other question, if I close the 2 gate valves in engine compartment next to engine (webasto heaters & water heaters) this keeps water circulating between Webasto through the engine and right back through webasto,(right)? When these 2 valves are opened, it allows the webasto (or engine if running) to send heat through to Prevost heater core in front, webasto in front,galley & bedroom) as well as water heaters, (right)?
While Burner was on, EGT (exhaust gas temp) per my IR gun showed up to 300. Shut down Circulator pump was considerably less.

Oh, and yes Jon, if needed, could have easily started GenSet from bedside and ran off 50amp. I am getting much better at utilizing my heavy/powerful/fuel sipping Gen Set more often.
Thanx to all.

JIM KELLER
09-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Rodger, You have described the correct operation of the Country Coach Webasto. Everything sounds good !