PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Area Camping

grantracy
09-24-2010, 08:06 AM
As I trek to POG IX I will overnight in Dallas area,can anybody recommend a nice place?

Loc
09-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Granvil,

The best place in Dallas that we have found is The Vineyards at Lake Grapevine (www.vineyardscampground.com) which is on the north east side of DFW airport. Trader's Village is a distant second. You can always parking lot camp (50 amp electric only) at Prevost just south of DFW airport. However, you sometimes may find the lot full and no electric spaces. I am sure the former President will jump in and gush about Treetops campground in Arlington. He and the First Lady really like it, but we have stayed there and think the President was on the sauce on that trip.

pwf252
09-24-2010, 10:15 AM
In response to Loc's answer I would add a couple caveats, Traders Village is a pretty decent spot other then on the weekends when it and the area around it gets rather congested due obviously to being next to Traders Village. As for Prevost Fort Worth, although I'm sure things change daily, when I was there last week I was forced to wake someone up in order to get them to move out of one of the powered spots so I could have power. (that was an attempt at being funny for those that didn't realize that) Anyway in talking to Rodney it has apparently been busy there of late. So don't count on a powered spot. Best spot would be the Vineyards.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Better yet Granvil, come on down to Houston, and hook up with lots of your fellow POGGERS at JDUB's BBQ & Square Dancing event. Then you can run in a caravn with the group on Friday to POG IX after having your fill of BBQ, usually home made ice cream, and dance till your feet fall off on the concrete dance floor.

See Jerry's previous post about this event.

Gary S.

JIM KELLER
09-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Square Dancing. Did you say SQUARE DANCING ?

GDeen
09-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Prevost is right off 360 at 183.....electric and water if they aren't full. Can't vouch for the square dancin though.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Gary spelled it wrong. It wasn't square dancing, it was sheep dancing. If Mango is a bachelor this time I believe it is his turn to get the prettiest sheep.

grantracy
09-25-2010, 08:45 AM
I plan on being at the Houston event for sure...will give vineyards a try. Thanks all

dale farley
09-25-2010, 10:27 AM
If Jim Keller is going to be at Houston square dancing, that tempts me to leave Yellowstone and drive all the way across Texas just so I can catch that event.