PDA

View Full Version : Window Seal

dale farley
09-22-2010, 10:27 AM
After washing the bus yesterday, I noticed there was a little water on the inside of one of my window sills inside the bus. We have rather high water pressure in the park, and I sprayed it directly on and around the window.

My question is, "has anyone replaced the window seals or can/should silicone or other sealer be placed under the seal (like on an auto windshield) to make it water tight again? I had this same thing to happen about a year ago, but after spraying water on it several times with a hose, I could never duplicate the problem.

Denny
09-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Dale. My XL did the same thing and the leak was around the rod that locks/extends the window. Is this where your leak is? I ordered new gaskets from Prevost and that solved the problem. The gaskets are slightly larger than a quarter and fit around the extension rod. Since my XLII has a a different window configuration I have some extras and don't need them. If you want them let me know and I will send them to you.

dale farley
09-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Denny, Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, but I've been waxing the bus and didn't get inside until dark. It had not crossed my mind that the leak might be around the rod seal, but that makes perfect sense. The time before when I was trying to find the leak at another window, I was concentrating on spraying around the rubber gasket around the window. That would also explain why the water was on my inside window sill. I will be glad to pay you for the seals and postage. Thanks, Dale

Denny
09-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Dale,
Give me an address and I will send them to you.

merle&louise
09-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Hey Ken Z,

I think your problem is solved!