PDA

View Full Version : New POG member from California

CCMH
09-21-2010, 02:30 AM
Hi all, just wanted to introduce ourselves, as we are the new, and very excited owners of our '97 Vantare XLV. I just arrived home (just north of San Francisco), after aquiring Larry Jones' bus in North Carolina, and drove it cross the states. This bus is in phenominal condition, and Larry and Kay couldn't have been more helpful and accomodating!!! No major problems with the coach on OUR maiden voyage, with only 1 visit to Prevost in Dallas in transit for a wheel seal and oil change.

Would love to hear from other POG members in our area. Give us a shout. We are thrilled with our new life here, and on the road!

jack14r
09-21-2010, 05:37 AM
Curtis,Welcome to POG,You could not have purchased a better maintained coach,Larry as you now know is very particular and diligent in making certain that his coach is up to speed.I have been in your coach several times and it is great,I was always surprised with how much room there is in the salon area even without slides,a very well laid out interior.I am sure that you searched for a while and I know that your search was worth it because of the great coach that you found.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-21-2010, 06:40 AM
Welcome to the asylum Curtis. As long as you have thick skin, a sense of humor, and an understanding that the advice we give is bogus you will get along very well in this crowd.

Come to Kerrville and see what you have gotten yourself into.

merle&louise
09-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Curtis & Christine,

Welcome to POG. Post some pictures of your Vantare when you get a chance, we would love to see it. Better yet, attend the rally in Kerrville and we can all see it up close and personal.

Congratualtions!

HarborBus
09-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Congratulations on your new acquisition, and welcome to POG. It is the best $50.00 you have spent to become a member of the group.

dale farley
09-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Welcome to the group Curtis. The place to learn about your bus is at the POG rallies. As others have mentioned, if at all possible, try to make the one in Kerrville in a couple weeks.

michaeldterry
09-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Welcome to POG, Curtis & Christine! As a fellow owner of a Vantare conversion of similar vintage, I can attest that you made an excellent choice! Please post some pictures of your new bus so that we can all give it its due admiration! As you become more familiar with your bus' systems and unique "peculiarities" over time, we'll have to compare notes!

CCMH
09-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! We re thrilled to be a part of a new family!!

I have attached some pics taken this morning. And YES, Larry and Kay are very special folks. The greatest thing about our purchase, is that I am convinced that everything was done for the life of this coach in Larry's care to maintain it at optimum levels. I know that I did not buy "someone elses problem". It is a wonderful feeling to go to sleep at night knowing that anything that comes up is just it's time to come up, ya know?

That being said, I took the bus out to the doctor today. Nothing major.... It turns out I had a fuel leak coming from one of the 4 injector pumps on the generator. At closer look, 2 of them were leaking. # 1 and # 3. I had all four removed, and am replacing them all as long as we had in apart. (only about 20 minutes to remove them all).

With only 3400 hours on the Powertech 17.4 LE, I am attributing this to the fact that the generator hasn't run in a while, as larry kept this bus in a climate controlled garage plugged to 50amps, and had bought his new Vantare in 2006, and probably didnt run the genny all that much on this bus over the last several years. The seals inside the injectors probably just just got a little dry and crudded. Sooooo...... change em all! :-)

I am writing this this, cuz... well, lets just say that I want to maintain this coach in the same manner it was taken care of. Hope I can. Larry Jones..... your a hard act to follow!!! :-)

HarborBus
09-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Beautiful bus Curtis, looks like you got a gem there, well done. We'd love to see you in Kerrville.

Seabyrd
09-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Beautiful... just beautiful... we have a Vantare as well.. I love them !!
Congratulations and welcome to the club.
We are newbies too.. haven't met a soul yet, but already feel like I know a lot them !!
Can't wait for the Rally... are you coming?? we don't want to be the only babes on the block ??!!

CCMH
09-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Oh how I wish we could get it together to go to Kerrville. Aint gonna happen. Turns out, Christine's birthday is next week, and we gots big plans! It's her 50th, and her siblings and spouses are flying in from all directions for a once in a lifetime family dinner at..... "The French Laundry". Quite a big deal for us, as you could imagine.

You will all have to suffer through without us! :->

garyde
09-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Hi Curtis and Christine. Welcome to POG. Theres a list somewhere which shows all of us West Coasters. I live in Santa Barbara. There are many more POG members in Southern California. But Harry and Shirlley live up in Grass Valley.

michaeldterry
09-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Oh how I wish we could get it together to go to Kerrville. Aint gonna happen. Turns out, Christine's birthday is next week, and we gots big plans! It's her 50th, and her siblings and spouses are flying in from all directions for a once in a lifetime family dinner at..... "The French Laundry". Quite a big deal for us, as you could imagine.

You will all have to suffer through without us! :->

Curtis - I can relate! We celebrated Vita's 50th birthday earlier this month and it was a pretty big deal! It cost me a new front load washer/dryer set (with pedestals) and a new hot tub sunken into the 2nd story deck off our master bedroom, plus a family/friends dinner at one of her favorite restaurants. But, you know, it was worth it to see her so happy and excited! :D

Happy early birthday to Christine!

HarborBus
09-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Curtis, You can find the information that Gary talked about here:

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/content.php?49-POG-Member-Resource#comments

CCMH
09-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Thank you McLeod's!

And, by the by, while I am at it, I wanted to send a special shout out to Steve at California Coach. I went to see him while I was on the "Bus Hunt". And even tho we didnt buy our bus from him, after spending two days there, I can say that he was extremely helpful and knowledgable, and I wouldnt hesitate doing business with him in the future. Either from a buyers OR sellars position. Thanks again Steve.

hhoppe
10-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Welcome aboard Curtis and Christine. As Larry stated we are in Grass Valley, CA and are anxious to meet you both. There is indeed a list of California POGGERS and for some reason Skiff left us off of it. Anyway let us know where you are located and we will see if we can get together.
Sounds like you are very happy with your beautiful coach and we wish you lot's of luck with it.

Harry & Shirley Hoppe. 530-273-9124