PDA

View Full Version : Taos, NM recommendations

James
09-20-2010, 12:14 PM
We're currently in Montana and plan on heading South down Interstate 25 through Colorado and New Mexico and was thinking about going over Hwy 64 to Taos, NM.

Any recommendations for RV parks in Taos.

Also, are there any problems taking Hwy 68 from Taos to Sante Fe?

lloyd&pamela
09-20-2010, 12:58 PM
James the link below are all our posts regarding Taos

http://prevost.wordpress.com/?s=taos&searchsubmit=Find+»

James
09-20-2010, 01:10 PM
James the link below are all our posts regarding Taos

http://prevost.wordpress.com/?s=taos&searchsubmit=Find+»

Lloyd,

Thanks for the link. I looked around the site but didn't find information on RV Parks for the Taos, NM area. Did I miss it?

Where did you stay and will it accomodate a 45 footer?

lloyd&pamela
09-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Taos Valley RV Park & Campground, 120 Este Es Rd, Taos, NM, 575-758-4469, 800-999-7571
Will need to call about length.

Bill Price
09-20-2010, 05:41 PM
We did look at Rv parks two weeks ago while visting Taos. Now I have to plead dumb as I cant remember the name of the park. It is north of town close to the airport. That park will work; however check to be sure the site they offer is 50 amp as all are not. Great high desert setting with great views. Chech out Michaels Kitchen downtown. Great Great food!!!

James
09-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

James
09-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Heading South on Interstate 25 from Denver does anyone have a recommendation for the best road to Taos, NM with a 45 footer?

1. Hwy 160/159/522 from Walsenburg through Fort Garland and Questa or;

2. Hwy 64 below Raton through Eagle Nest or;

3. Another route?

Bill Price
09-24-2010, 05:46 PM
We make this run yearly. In fact we just returned two weeks ago from the Taos, Questa, Red River area. We spent about 5 weeks in Red River at Road Runner Rv Resort. Great place to spend August. They are now closed for the season.

The Walsenburg to Ft Garland route works very well. That will be the easiest. The Hwy 64 Route via Eagle Nest will me the toughest. For ease of travel and putting you on the correct side of Taos I would take the Walsenburg, Ft Garland, Questa route. Traffic around the Taos Plaza can become interesting at times. Taking this route will save you getting into the Plaza traffic. Take time to drive over to Red River and Eagles Nest via the enchanted loop. Great drive. Another pretty drive is up to the Taos SKi area. If you have additional questions feel free to call me 940-663-2900.

Bill Price
09-24-2010, 05:58 PM
James:

I got my wife to look up the info on the Rv park we liked the best. I could not remember the name. It is Taos Monte Bells Rv Park, 24819 US HWY 64 West, Taos, New Mexico.
Phone # 575-751-0774

taosmontebellorvpark.com

50 amp spots are:

8, 10,11, 13, 17, 16, 15 14

The other Rv park which is in town is CLOSE. We were afraid of scratching our coach on there cactus and etc...

Maybe this will help.

James
09-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the information. We'll take the Ft Garland route and make reservations at the Monte Bells RV Park.

Bill Price
09-26-2010, 09:21 AM
James:

Taos will be good this time of year. Dont forget Michaels Kitchen for breakfast of lunch.

Will you be at POG Rally?

James
09-26-2010, 09:44 AM
James:

Taos will be good this time of year. Dont forget Michaels Kitchen for breakfast of lunch.

Will you be at POG Rally?

Bill,

Thanks for the restaurant recommendation.

We will not be attending the POG Rally, too many commitments elsewhere.

James
09-27-2010, 04:03 PM
James:

Bill,

Thanks for the advice on Taos. It was a nice drive in from the North.

We did take the jeep and do the enchanted loop up hwy 64, glad we didn’t come in that way. The last 20 miles before Taos is narrow, lots of sharp curves and overhung with trees that would have scratched the bus.

Could not get reservations at the Monte Bello RV Park though we did go and look at it. We stayed at the Taos Valley RV Park and since we were able to get a spot next to the office we avoided the trip through the cactus by backing in from the office parking lot.

We ordered breakfast for lunch at Michael’s Kitchen. Loved the Piñon pancakes. Look forward to going back.

Bill Price
09-27-2010, 05:22 PM
James:

Glad all is going well. We really enjoy that area in the summer. If you are ever out our way we have three spots with 50 amp, sewer and water; FREE.
Have a nice trip!

James
09-28-2010, 09:15 AM
James:

Glad all is going well. We really enjoy that area in the summer. If you are ever out our way we have three spots with 50 amp, sewer and water; FREE.
Have a nice trip!

Thanks for the offer, perhaps next year.