PDA

View Full Version : SOT Some Other Truck

Terry J. Sturgis
09-20-2010, 10:08 AM
After two years of looking, Prevost, Bluebird, etc. we found a truck that makes me wife (CEO, Bos, Commander) happy. As soon as she walked into it she was sold. 1998 Renegade motorhome on a Chevy Kodiak 7500 chassis. 3126 Cat motor with allison six speed automatic transmission. She likes it because it's smaller than a bus. Folks, it's 37' long.
I have learned a lot on this forum and as some of our systems are simular so I will probably stay a member. We got 8.6 MPG on a trip to upstate New York @ 65 MPH.
Ironic thing is I do have a Drag Race car with a 30' trailer. Destiny.
Terry & Marcia

dale farley
09-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Terry,

I'm glad you found something that fits your needs. Some of the other POG members have had or still have similar units. Hope you stay a member and come to our rallies. I would like to see that particular RV configuration. Keep us informed of how things go. Dale

truk4u
09-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Terry,

Congratulations on finding what fits your needs! Stay with us and keep posting, there are other SOB's on board, me included!:)

jack14r
09-20-2010, 08:59 PM
I also have a Renegade,I took them a 1993 Volvo White GMC tractor in 1996 and they put a 13 foot conversion on it,in those days they did not have dealers.I still have it today,very few problems-roof air every 5 years but that is expected.it has a Cummins N14 500 horse with an 18 speed and I use it to tow a 53 foot trailer that hauls 5 Winston Cup Cars for vintage racing.I think that it is Renegade serial #1.